Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!

Update on Resveratrol

This is an ingredient of CyoGenX. Seems it does alot. But last around 30-60minutes!

Metabolism and Bioavailability

Although trans-resveratrol appears to be well-absorbed by humans when taken orally, its bioavailability is relatively low due to its rapid metabolism and elimination (7). When healthy men and women took an oral dose of 25 mg of trans-resveratrol, only traces of the unchanged resveratrol were detected in plasma (blood), while plasma concentrations of resveratrol metabolites peaked 30-60 minutes later at concentrations around 2 micromoles/liter (7, 8). The bioavailability of resveratrol from grape juice, which contains mostly glucosides of resveratrol (piceid) may be even lower than that of trans-resveratrol (9). Information about the bioavailability of resveratrol in humans is important because much of the basic research on resveratrol has been conducted in cultured cells exposed to unmetabolized resveratrol at concentrations that are often 10-100 times greater than peak concentrations observed in human plasma after oral consumption (10). Although cells that line the digestive tract are exposed to unmetabolized resveratrol, research in humans suggests that other tissues are exposed primarily to resveratrol metabolites. Little is known about the biological activity of resveratrol metabolites, and it is not known whether some tissues are capable of converting resveratrol metabolites back to resveratrol (7).

In the test tube, resveratrol effectively scavenges (neutralizes) free radicals and other oxidants (11) and inhibits low density lipoprotein (LDL) oxidation (12, 13). However, there is little evidence that resveratrol is an important antioxidant in vivo (14). After oral consumption of resveratrol, circulating and intracellular levels of resveratrol in humans are likely to be much lower than that of other important antioxidants, such as vitamin C, vitamin E and glutathione. Moreover, the antioxidant activity of resveratrol metabolites, which comprise most of the circulating resveratrol, may be lower than that of resveratrol.

That doesn't matter though...remember, it DOES ALOT...and that's when it's consumed in wine...in other words, we found out it works, then people found out it doesn't last long...then they say it must not work..but...we already know it does. The time it lasts for isn't relevant for most purposes...we already know that the amount found in CyoGenX will lower cholesterol...so do we care if it lowers cholesterol, or do we care about the half life? We care that it lowers cholesterol. The fact that it only needs to be present for half an hour isn't too relevant.

Make sense?

But surely its effects will disapear once it does in the body. It lowers cholesterol and all the other benifits, but these wont last when its no longer active.

The other thing I've found is that alot of this stuff is needed for it to be effective...

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    But surely its effects will disapear once it does in the body. It lowers cholesterol and all the other benifits, but these wont last when its no longer active.
    Surely they won't. You're using bad logic.

Think about it....resveratrol lowers cholesterol, right? Now, do you think it lowers it for half an hour after you drink wine, or do you think that the half life isn't that important? Are you suggesting that when the "French Paradox" was examined, 100% of the subjects in the study had just drank a glass of wine?

The other thing I've found is that alot of this stuff is needed for it to be effective...
    Again, incorrect. The typically studied amount is the amount found in 4oz of wine.

You're using really bad logic here.

So your suggesting the sustained doses of this stuff (whatever CyoGenX's protocol is) will yield the benifits of Resveratrol even if its half-life is for 30-60 minutes?

So your suggesting the sustained doses of this stuff (whatever CyoGenX's protocol is) will yield the benifits of Resveratrol even if its half-life is for 30-60 minutes?
    No. I'm suggesting that taking the amount of a particular compound, which was studied to provide benefits at that amount, will yield those benefits.

The half life is irrelevant. The benefits are relevant.

Urinary and plasma levels of resveratrol and quercetin in humans, mice, and rats after ingestion of pure compounds and grape juice.

Meng X, Maliakal P, Lu H, Lee MJ, Yang CS.

***artment of Chemical Biology, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 164 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA.

The present study investigates the bioavailability of resveratrol and quercetin in humans, mice, and rats after oral ingestion of grape juice preparations or pure aglycones. Oral administration of resveratrol and quercetin to humans yielded detectable levels of resveratrol, quercetin, and their derivatives in the plasma and urine. Urinary levels of resveratrol, quercetin, and their metabolites were observed in human subjects receiving 600 and 1200 mL of grape juice, whereas quercetin metabolites were identified in urine samples even after receiving 200 mL of grape juice. The cumulative amounts of resveratrol and quercetin excreted in the urine of mice receiving concentrated grape juice for 4 days were 2.3 and 0.7% of the ingested doses, respectively. After i.g. administration of resveratrol to rats (2 mg/kg), up to 1.2 microM resveratrol was observed in the plasma. The study demonstrates that the glycoside forms of resveratrol and quercetin in grape juice are absorbed to a lesser extent than the aglycones.

It seems the the bioavailability of resveratrol from grape juice is less than that of trans-resveratrol.

Or am I missing something here...

You're missing the fact that studies show it works to do stuff. Compound X has property Y. Then you say "But it's half life is short!"...and that doesn't provide evidence that it doesn't have property Y...it simply provides evidence (maybe) that it only needs that short amount of time to exert it's effects. The effects are not the half life.

When you take dbol , the half life is 4 hours..if you only take it once a day, do you only get the effects for 4 hours? Like you gain a pound, then lose it four hours later? Take 100mgs of dbol each day in the morning....do you get really heavy for 4 hours, then lose weight as the half life declines?

Resveratrol does something (has a certain property). We know that. Now we know that it's got a short halflife. But that doesn't now mean that we know it no longer has that initial property which we know it has.

Smoke a pack of cigarettes every day in the morning....see if you have difficulty running later that day. But....the half life of the stuff in the cigarette isn't a full day...

You may as well be talking about it's color, for all the relevance.
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 04-11-2007 at 08:16 AM.

Nothing supports this particular claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts
    You're missing the fact that studies show it works to do stuff. Compound X has property Y. Then you say "But it's half life is short!"...and that doesn't provide evidence that it doesn't have property Y...it simply provides evidence (maybe) that it only needs that short amount of time to exert it's effects. The effects are not the half life.

When you take dbol , the half life is 4 hours..if you only take it once a day, do you only get the effects for 4 hours? Like you gain a pound, then lose it four hours later? Take 100mgs of dbol each day in the morning....do you get really heavy for 4 hours, then lose weight as the half life declines?

Resveratrol does something (has a certain property). We know that. Now we know that it's got a short halflife. But that doesn't now mean that we know it no longer has that initial property which we know it has.

You may as well be talking about it's color, for all the relevance.
    What colour is it?

When using Dbol, we split our doses, to get a steady release of the compound. Surely a sustained release of a compound will yield better results than taking one dose thats active for such a short peroid how ever many times CyoGenX suggests.

We should be taking Resveratrol pretty ****ing often then.

Are you stating Resveratrol half-life is totally irrelivant?

Also, what dosage of Resveratrol does CyoGenX contain?

Nothing supports this particular claim.
    It take common sense to see its effects wont last. Ok, there isnt a medical study stating it...

I dont take my Dbol and get the effects of it 2 months later, even though its half-life is 4 hours.

It take common sense to see its effects wont last. Ok, there isnt a medical study stating it...

I dont take my Dbol and get the effects of it 2 months later, even though its half-life is 4 hours.
    It's not common sense....it's poor logic.

Do you lose the effects at the fifth hour?

When using Dbol , we split our doses, to get a steady release of the compound. Surely a sustained release of a compound will yield better results than taking one dose thats active for such a short peroid how ever many times CyoGenX suggests.

We should be taking Resveratrol pretty ****ing often then.

Are you stating Resveratrol half-life is totally irrelivant?

Also, what dosage of Resveratrol does CyoGenX contain?
    I actually don't usually split my oral doses.

I'm stating that we already know that the effects of resveratrol are X. Now we know that the half-life is short. That doesn't mean that it no longer produces result X. It's not even relevant.

Why is a sustained release better in every instance? Post workout, when we shoot insulin , we want a spike of insulin, not a steady release, right? So a spike is better in some cases, clearly. Why not with resveratrol?

All of the effects we see from resveratrol are in spite of the fact that it's got a short half life. People are getting the effects (in every study) without a constant infusion of it, so why would you say that clearly a constant infusion is necessary?

What's the logic?
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 04-11-2007 at 08:38 AM.

I'm stating that we already know that the effects of resveratrol are X. Now we know that the half-life is short. That doesn't mean that it no longer produces result X. It's not even relevant.

Why is a sustained release better in every instance? Post workout, when we shoot insulin, we want a spike of insulin, not a steady release, right? So a spike is better in some cases, clearly. Why not with resveratrol?

All of the effects we see from resveratrol are in spite of the fact that it's got a short half life. People are getting the effects (in every study) without a constant infusion of it, so why would you say that clearly a constant infusion is necessary?

What's the logic?
    Because its well established this is the most effective time to take it. When our muscle's most need it. Injecting it PWO has a purpose. You know that.

If you knew when Resveratrol was most effective that argument might stand. But in this instance it doesnt.

Whats the dosage of Resveratrol in CyoGenX again please?

And...Please explain the science in STILL getting the effects of a particular compound/herb AFTER its half-life has expired.

If Resveratrol's effects are evident AFTER its half-life has expired, when do they end then? They cant be never ending.

Because its well established this is the most effective time to take it. When our muscle's most need it. Injecting it PWO has a purpose. You know that.

If you knew when Resveratrol was most effective that argument might stand. But in this instance it doesnt.

Whats the dosage of Resveratrol in CyoGenX again please?

And...Please explain the science in STILL getting the effects of a particular compound/herb AFTER its half-life has expired.

If Resveratrol's effects are evident AFTER its half-life has expired, when do they end then? They cant be never ending.
    It's not an argument trying to prove anything. It's a reductio ad absurdum (partly). It simply shows that what you are saying isn't always true. It isn't always true that a compound is always better when it has a sustained release. If you are saying X is less effective because it's quickly used up in the body, and I show an instance where something is quickly used up and is still highly effective, then your argument doesn't stand for making something less effective on that basis. .

It isn't relevant. What is relevant is that the studies show it does. The studies don't mention this....so I'd be speculating.

The effect isn't the time the drug is in the body. The effect is the effect. If you shoot insulin every day for 5 years, then when you stop shooting it, you'll likely find you're diabetic for the rest of your life. Therefore, the effects of 5 years of insulin could be 50 years of not producing it. See what I mean?

Resveratrol produces an effect. The half-life is 30 minutes. Neither of those statements contradicts or supports the other. They're not relevant. The half life isn't the time that you get the effects for. How long will it's beneficial effects on (for example) cholesterol last? I don't know. Certainly for the duration of time that you are on the product, 24/7.

Here's what's going on with the argument you have going on:

Premise #1. People take compound X (resveratrol), every day, once a day, for a month. They receive Benefit Y.

Premise #2. Then it is found that the half life of the compound is half an hour.

Logical Conclusion: Therefore, the compound probably needs to only be active for half an hour to exert it's effects.

Your conclusion: The compound probably doesn't give you benefit Y.

See what I'm saying?

By the way....check out the half-life of Vitamin C. It's 30 minutes also. Do you need to take it every thirty minutes to get it's benefits? Or does it not work now? Or do it's benefits only last 30 minutes?
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 04-11-2007 at 09:18 AM.

Whats the dosage of Resveratrol in CyoGenX please?

Whats the dosage of Resveratrol in CyoGenX please?
    50mgs

(Reccomended serving is 2-3 caps 3x a day)

http://proteinfactory.com/shop/produ...4&cat=4&page=2

So the highest dose one could achieve following the guidelines of CyoGenX is 450mg/ED?

Are you aware of the study on mice/rats they did at Harvard University? Its stated around 2000mg is needed to match the effects it had on mice/rats for a 200lb person...?

450mg is considerably less.

So the highest dose one could achieve following the guidelines of CyoGenX is 450mg/ED?

Are you aware of the study on mice/rats they did at Harvard University? Its stated around 2000mg is needed to match the effects it had on mice/rats for a 200lb person...?

450mg is considerably less.
    Are you aware that people get the benefits of Resveratrol with a 4oz glass of red wine every day? That's nowhere near 2000mgs..it's even less than half what you get from CyoGenX.

I put the Resveratrol in there (dosage wise) based on what humans were getting from the 4oz of red wine that was helping their lipid profiles.

Nearly everything I look at studies (to do with Resveratrol) they say its bioavailability is so low, its almost not worth taking.

Transdermal, yes, maybe. Orally taken....I'm far form convinced.

You must have found this in your research Anthony?

High absorption but very low bioavailability of oral resveratrol in humans.

* Walle T,
    * Hsieh F,
    * DeLegge MH,
    * Oatis JE Jr,
    * Walle UK.

***artment of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA. [email protected]

The dietary polyphenol resveratrol has been shown to have chemopreventive activity against cardiovascular disease and a variety of cancers in model systems, but it is not clear whether the drug reaches the proposed sites of action in vivo after oral ingestion, especially in humans. In this study, we examined the absorption, bioavailability, and metabolism of 14C-resveratrol after oral and i.v. doses in six human volunteers. The absorption of a dietary relevant 25-mg oral dose was at least 70%, with peak plasma levels of resveratrol and metabolites of 491 +/- 90 ng/ml (about 2 microM) and a plasma half-life of 9.2 +/- 0.6 h. However, only trace amounts of unchanged resveratrol (<5 ng/ml) could be detected in plasma. Most of the oral dose was recovered in urine, and liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry analysis identified three metabolic pathways, i.e., sulfate and glucuronic acid conjugation of the phenolic groups and, interestingly, hydrogenation of the aliphatic double bond, the latter likely produced by the intestinal microflora. Extremely rapid sulfate conjugation by the intestine/liver appears to be the rate-limiting step in resveratrol's bioavailability. Although the systemic bioavailability of resveratrol is very low, accumulation of resveratrol in epithelial cells along the aerodigestive tract and potentially active resveratrol metabolites may still produce cancer-preventive and other effects.

Last parts intresting though.

Metabolism and bioavailability of trans-resveratrol.

* Wenzel E,
    * Somoza V.

German Research Center of Food Chemistry, Garching, Germany. [email protected]

Resveratrol (3,4',5-trihydroxy-trans-stilbene) is a polyphenolic compound accounting to the stilbene class. Most stilbenes in plants act as antifungal phytoalexins, compounds that are usually synthesized only in response to infection or injury. Resveratrol has been detected in trees, in a few flowering plants, in peanuts, and in grapevines. The major dietary sources of resveratrol include grapes, wine, peanuts, and peanut products. Numerous in vitro studies describe different biological effects of resveratrol. The major impacts are the antioxidative, anti-inflammatory, and estrogenic effects as well as anticancer and chemopreventive activities. In order to reveal information on absorption, metabolism, and the consequent bioavailability of resveratrol, different research approaches were performed, including in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo models, all of which are considered in this review. Summarizing the data, resveratrol is absorbed and metabolized. Around 75% of this polyphenol are excreted via feces and urine. The oral bioavailability of resveratrol is almost zero due to rapid and extensive metabolism and the consequent formation of various metabolites as resveratrol glucuronides and resveratrol sulfates. The potential biologic activity of resveratrol conjugates should be considered in future investigations.

PMID: 15779070 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

You honestly dont think, due to its poor absorbtion/bioavailability, it will render it almost useless in CyoGenX? Not a selling point?
    Last edited by Swifto; 04-11-2007 at 12:54 PM.

Yes. But I have the full studies, not just the abstracts. Remember...wine is oral...and people get the benefits of resveratrol from wine, right?
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 04-11-2007 at 01:08 PM.

Nearly everything I look at studies (to do with Resveratrol) they say its bioavailability is so low, its almost not worth taking.

Transdermal, yes, maybe. Orally taken....I'm far form convinced.

You must have found this in your research Anthony?

High absorption but very low bioavailability of oral resveratrol in humans.

* Walle T,
    * Hsieh F,
    * DeLegge MH,
    * Oatis JE Jr,
    * Walle UK.

***artment of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA. [email protected]

The dietary polyphenol resveratrol has been shown to have chemopreventive activity against cardiovascular disease and a variety of cancers in model systems, but it is not clear whether the drug reaches the proposed sites of action in vivo after oral ingestion, especially in humans. In this study, we examined the absorption, bioavailability, and metabolism of 14C-resveratrol after oral and i.v. doses in six human volunteers. The absorption of a dietary relevant 25-mg oral dose was at least 70%, with peak plasma levels of resveratrol and metabolites of 491 +/- 90 ng/ml (about 2 microM) and a plasma half-life of 9.2 +/- 0.6 h. However, only trace amounts of unchanged resveratrol (<5 ng/ml) could be detected in plasma. Most of the oral dose was recovered in urine, and liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry analysis identified three metabolic pathways, i.e., sulfate and glucuronic acid conjugation of the phenolic groups and, interestingly, hydrogenation of the aliphatic double bond, the latter likely produced by the intestinal microflora. Extremely rapid sulfate conjugation by the intestine/liver appears to be the rate-limiting step in resveratrol's bioavailability. Although the systemic bioavailability of resveratrol is very low, accumulation of resveratrol in epithelial cells along the aerodigestive tract and potentially active resveratrol metabolites may still produce cancer-preventive and other effects.

Last parts intresting though.

Metabolism and bioavailability of trans-resveratrol.

* Wenzel E,
    * Somoza V.

German Research Center of Food Chemistry, Garching, Germany. [email protected]

Resveratrol (3,4',5-trihydroxy-trans-stilbene) is a polyphenolic compound accounting to the stilbene class. Most stilbenes in plants act as antifungal phytoalexins, compounds that are usually synthesized only in response to infection or injury. Resveratrol has been detected in trees, in a few flowering plants, in peanuts, and in grapevines. The major dietary sources of resveratrol include grapes, wine, peanuts, and peanut products. Numerous in vitro studies describe different biological effects of resveratrol. The major impacts are the antioxidative, anti-inflammatory, and estrogenic effects as well as anticancer and chemopreventive activities. In order to reveal information on absorption, metabolism, and the consequent bioavailability of resveratrol, different research approaches were performed, including in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo models, all of which are considered in this review. Summarizing the data, resveratrol is absorbed and metabolized. Around 75% of this polyphenol are excreted via feces and urine. The oral bioavailability of resveratrol is almost zero due to rapid and extensive metabolism and the consequent formation of various metabolites as resveratrol glucuronides and resveratrol sulfates. The potential biologic activity of resveratrol conjugates should be considered in future investigations.

PMID: 15779070 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

You honestly dont think, due to its poor absorbtion/bioavailability, it will render it almost useless in CyoGenX? Not a selling point?
    Check your references....you're confusing absorption with bioavailability.

Also...no, the answer is no, my final answer is no.

Scientists looked at people with low cholesterol (*and other stuff) in France and found that it was likely from the wine. Then it was likely from the Resveratrol in the wine. Therefore, the beneficial ingredient which I have put in, has been studies and shown to work in humans...ORALLY and AT THE DOSE I used. Seriously...you're overlooking the fact that it's already working, orally, in humans...

Resveratrol, in studies in humans, at the dose I am using, does what I say it does.

Vitamin C has an active life of 30 minutes. Are vitamin C supps useless?
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 04-11-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Another question:

How are you overcoming the rapid oxidation Resveratrol undergoes?

Another question:

Rapid Oxidation? What? In the caps? That's not handled by me, that's handled by Protein Factory....they insure the product is not going to go bad in the bottle. I don't think it'll even oxidate in the form it's in the caps.

Another question:

Here's one for you:

Vitamin C has the same half life as resveratrol. Is it useless?

A Second Pour of Good News About Substance in Red Wine

By Rob Stein
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, November 17, 2006; A03

A component of red wine recently shown to help lab mice live longer also protects animals from obesity and diabetes and boosts their physical endurance, researchers reported yesterday.

The new research helps confirm and extend the possible benefits of the substance, resveratrol, and offers new insight into how it works -- apparently by revving up the metabolism to make muscles burn more energy and work more efficiently. Mice fed large doses could run twice as far as they would normally.

In addition, the scientists for the first time produced evidence linking the biological pathway activated by the substance to human physiology, showing that the same genetic switch resveratrol mimics seems to naturally endow some people with faster metabolisms.

"It's very exciting," said Johan Auwerx, a professor of medicine at the Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology in Strasbourg, France, who led the research being published online and in the Dec. 15 issue of the journal Cell. "This compound could have many applications -- treating obesity and diabetes, improving human endurance, helping the frail. There's a lot of potential."

Auwerx and other researchers cautioned much more research is needed to study the compound and similar agents, especially to see if the approach is safe for people. Humans would have to take hundreds of resveratrol pills sold in health food stores or drink hundreds of glasses of wine a day to get equivalent levels of the substance tested on the mice, neither of which would be safe. But the new research adds to the growing enthusiasm about the approach, experts said.

"This is the first example of a drug that can apparently affect the whole aging process, not just this disease or that disease but the mechanisms that allow these diseases to occur," said Felipe Sierra of the National Institute on Aging. Others agreed.

"The idea of giving someone anything to improve their longevity until very recently would have been considered snake oil or crockery," said Stephen L. Helfand of Brown University. "But here we are possibly being able to move out of the laboratory from extending the lives of flies, worms and mice to humans a lot sooner than we thought."

Resveratrol is found in red wine, grapes and other foods, including peanuts. Scientists suspect it may help explain why French people have fewer heart attacks despite their high-fat diets, and why eating a very low-calorie diet can extend the life spans of many species.

Researchers recently demonstrated resveratrol did the same thing for mammals in a study involving laboratory mice. High doses of the compound neutralized the ill effects of a high-fat, high-calorie diet, extending the animals' life spans and preventing adverse effects on their livers and hearts.

In the new research, researchers fed mice even higher dosages -- 10 times as high -- along with a high-fat, high-calorie diet. Resveratrol significantly reduced the animals' chances of becoming obese and of developing early signs of diabetes. The mice appeared to experience no adverse side effects.

Additional experiments on the animals' cells indicate the substance works by increasing the activity of an enzyme known as SIRT1, boosting the number and activity of structures inside cells called mitochondria, the researchers said. Mitochondria are like power plants inside cells, burning fat and providing energy. They tend to get revved up by exercise, and deteriorate with age.

Mice fed resveratrol had more muscle tissue resembling that of a trained athlete, sharply increasing their endurance. They could run twice as far before collapsing as mice that did not receive the substance.

"In the elderly, many of the disorders that occur with aging occur because of muscle weakness," Helfand said. "This makes you wonder what would happen if you took an older individual and revved up their mitochondria with resveratrol. You could imagine that it could have a profound positive effect on their health."

Auwerx also wondered whether the substance might be abused by professional athletes. "That could be the illicit use of these compounds -- as performance boosters," he said.

In addition to the mouse experiments, the researchers also produced evidence supporting the theory that SIRT1 plays a key role in longevity in humans in an accompanying analysis of 123 Finnish adults. The subjects born with certain variations of the SIRT1 gene had faster metabolisms, naturally burning energy more efficiently, indicating the same pathway works in humans, too.

"We've all seen people who are thin no matter what they eat or do -- that have good metabolisms versus bad. This may help explain that," said Christoph Westphal, chief executive of Sirtris Pharmaceuticals in Cambridge, Mass., which sponsored and helped conduct the study as part of its efforts to develop drugs based on the approach.

The company is testing a potent version of resveratrol on diabetic humans and hopes to eventually test it and similar compounds as a treatment for a variety of diseases.

"We are targeting a gene that controls the aging process," Westphal said. "Many diseases have a link to the aging process. So these kinds of drugs clearly have the potential to treat several diseases of aging. It's very exciting."

Other researchers said the new work was interesting, but they remained cautious, particularly about making the link to SIRT1.

"I think that's part of the story but that it would be a mistake to think that's all that's going on," said Matt Kaeberlein of the University of Washington. Other biological pathways also probably play important roles in the aging process and diseases of aging, he said.

Pretty recent too.

HOld on...got work to go to...Coaching...I'll reply...but honestly..you're not seeing the forest for the trees.

Oh... I'll be holding on.

Yes. More research is needed. But you need to remember, with anti-estrogens (and serms), typically only a very small amount is needed. The rodents in those studies were given a lot...so what? The rodent studies aren't what I'm talking about now..I'm talking about the fact that humans who take resveratrol are getting the benefits from it...and they're doing it in studies and in real life, judging from feedback I've seen.

You need to look up in vivo studies on humans, if you're interested in Resveratrol, to see what I'm talking about...not newspaper articles where a scientist says more research is necessary.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member

Why is a sustained release better in every instance? Post workout, when we shoot insulin , we want a spike of insulin, not a steady release, right? So a spike is better in some cases, clearly. Why not with resveratrol?

What's the logic?
    So youre telling me to take all of my dbol in one dose and that it will be just as effective as spreading out the dose into 6 hour intervals?! I cannot imagine taking 75 mg of dbol in one dose, my head would expload!
    If the substance has a short half life, the effects will also be short lived. You would have to do regular dosing throughout the day to maintain those effects. there is a reason why pharmaceutical companies use timed release products. Look at water soluble vitamins such as B and C. Those are all available in timed release, so that you dont have to take as many doses.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    So youre telling me to take all of my dbol in one dose and that it will be just as effective as spreading out the dose into 6 hour intervals?! I cannot imagine taking 75 mg of dbol in one dose, my head would expload!
    If the substance has a short half life, the effects will also be short lived. You would have to do regular dosing throughout the day to maintain those effects. there is a reason why pharmaceutical companies use timed release products. Look at water soluble vitamins such as B and C. Those are all available in timed release, so that you dont have to take as many doses.
    Look at the effects of a single, non-timed release dose f Vitamin C on Cortisol, in a medical study. The cortisol reduction is much longer lived than the half life of the vitamin.

Also...I don't take the kinds of doses you take...I take like 25mgs of Anavar per day, and thats one of the only oral steroids I take. It's in Caps at that dose from my HRT company.

I've taken 50 mgs of Dbol a day though, and split the dose every 4 hours, and done it all at once, and saw no practical difference. The most I'd do is split the dose in half and do am/pm.

Yes. More research is needed. But you need to remember, with anti-estrogens (and serms), typically only a very small amount is needed. The rodents in those studies were given a lot...so what? The rodent studies aren't what I'm talking about now..I'm talking about the fact that humans who take resveratrol are getting the benefits from it...and they're doing it in studies and in real life, judging from feedback I've seen.

You need to look up in vivo studies on humans, if you're interested in Resveratrol, to see what I'm talking about...not newspaper articles where a scientist says more research is necessary.
    But rodent studies are important. Your suggesting their not. You have written an entire book on them for starters.

Second. If I were a newbie (still kind of am), I'd take a scientists view, not yours. Johan Auwerx, a professor of medicine at the Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology in Strasbourg, France, holds some credibility. He states, "Humans would have to take hundreds of resveratrol pills sold in health food stores or drink hundreds of glasses of wine a day to get equivalent levels of the substance". Thats stright from the horses mouth, I think.

Its a news paper article, yes. But it hold a lot of credibility IMHO. Its a view from a highly educated individual, that knows a lot about the compound in question.
    Last edited by Swifto; 04-14-2007 at 10:18 AM.

But rodent studies are important. Your suggesting their not. You have written an entire book on them for starters.

Second. If I were a newbie (still kind of am), I'd take a scientists view, not yours. Johan Auwerx, a professor of medicine at the Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology in Strasbourg, France, holds some credibility. He states, "Humans would have to take hundreds of resveratrol pills sold in health food stores or drink hundreds of glasses of wine a day to get equivalent levels of the substance". Thats stright from the horses mouth, I think.

Its a news paper article, yes. But it hold a lot of credibility IMHO. Its a view from a highly educated individual, that knows a lot about the compound in question.
    If you take the scientists view, and not mine (or the people in the "field" as it were), then in the 60's you'd be believing that steroids don't enhance athletic performance...even though guys like me would be saying that it does.

Studies aren't as important as what happens in the real world....how many rodent studies are actually in my book? I mean...I use the best animal/human I have available, then combine it with human studies, and/or real feedback.

I consider myself an applied PED writer/researcher.

Ask a scientist about Clen + Benadryl, and see what they say. That's all my work, based on a guess and some research, and you won't find a scientist in the world who knows anything about it...and it works for members here daily....no scientist necessary.
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 04-14-2007 at 10:35 AM.

If you take the scientists view, and not mine (or the people in the "field" as it were), then in the 60's you'd be believing that steroids don't enhance athletic performance...even though guys like me would be saying that it does.

Studies aren't as important as what happens in the real world....how many rodent studies are actually in my book? I mean...I use the best animal/human I have available, then combine it with human studies, and/or real feedback.

I consider myself an applied PED writer/researcher.

Ask a scientist about Clen + Benadryl, and see what they say. That's all my work, based on a guess and some research, and you won't find a scientist in the world who knows anything about it...and it works for members here daily....no scientist necessary.
    I see what your saying, kind of. But this is a recent article and isnt your usual bullshit about how how steroids are dangerous articles. As I said, its a view from a well educated indiviual. It holds a lot of weight IMHO.

We'll just have to see how effective Resveratrol is, in CyoGenX. If thats possible.

I see what your saying, kind of. But this is a recent article and isnt your usual bullshit about how how steroids are dangerous articles. As I said, its a view from a well educated indiviual. It holds a lot of weight IMHO.

We'll just have to see how effective Resveratrol is, in CyoGenX. If thats possible.
    My what?

My what?
    No not you. Whats written in news paper articles regarding steroids . Dont worry.

IronAdam is offline Member
    Hasn't fadogia agrestis only been tested in rodents?

Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam
    Hasn't fadogia agrestis only been tested in rodents?
    Yes. I believe so.

IronAdam is offline Member
    Yes. I believe so.
    I think it's interesting that the success of myogenx is based solely on rodent studies, yet the rodent studies you posted on resveratrol don't pertain to its effects in humans. Am I the only one not following this logic? If human studies are so important, where are the ones for fadogia agrestis?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information