bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor

"Terrible" Tim Witherspoon"

who watched his fight sunday night? he fought darrold williams(i think that was the guys last name) the guy was no drop shot, he has been in the ring with david tua, and he beat andrew golotta. tim witherspoon knocked him completely out with one of the hardest overhand rights i have ever seen. with as weak as the heavyweight feild is right now, witherspoon, at 44yrs of age, is definately a contender. he has won 8 of his last 9 fights, and the one loss was a very contraversial split decision, proving, that not only does he have the power, but also the stamina to get the job done. this is a guy who fought larry holmes for the title in 1981(he loss by yet another split decision). i like the idea of big tim coming back...

Ironweb is offline Member
    I think he will do well. Personaly I love to see a guy who people say your too old come back and do well. He is a tough guy no doubt about it.

testprop is offline Associate Member
    hey big kev, how long have you been boxing? have you done any other martial arts? just curious...

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Didn't see the fight but ol Tim is a good guy it would be great to see an old guy slug his way to the top to claim the title - once Lewis has disposed of Tyson ;-)

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Isn't that the guy that tried to sue Don King?

murph is offline Member
    yes he is awsome BK,......did you happen to catch the couple of fights where he actually knocked the other guys out of the ring all the way, out of the ropes even,.......4sure a hard hitter!!!!!!

he did sue don king, and he won! well, i guess that depends on how you look at it, he won a battle, but it appears he may have lost the war(his carrer). at any rate, this is the last battle of the war.

he was a 2 time world champ, but as dbol said, king kept him down. he is reputed as being rather lazy. he looked good though. he weighed 248lbs, but had put on some muscle(can anyone say eq?).

his over hand right comes from no where, and then you wake up and the fights over!

i think you are talking about ray mercer murph. he is a tough guy also. i saw the fights where he knocked the guys through the ropes! he has the prettiest jab i have evr seen outside of ali. i havnt heard much about his come back in a while though. has anyone else heard anything?

murph is offline Member
    your right BK it was 4sure Mercer,..........I had the wrong face in mind with the name,...oops......lol......about his come back, I believe he's undefeted, since his return..................

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys keep an eye out for my boy tua, kevin barry his manager is negotiating a contract with tysons camp the fight should be very soon..........HITMAN

9natural9 is offline Banned
    Ray Mercer has always been out of shape, that is basically why he has NEVER won the big fights against the top contenders. But, I have been watching his comeback and he has been fighting insane. I also have been following Witherspoons comeback too. As of right now, I think Mercer has a better shot, yes his body is suspect, but christ the guy has KO power like no other in a long time, i.e. early Tyson. When he basically dismatled my once idol "Tommy Gun Morrison" it broke my heart, but he damn near killed that white boy, I mean he was viscious, he is definately a finisher.

Vladimir Klitsko is looking unbeatable.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Mercer is a tough SOB, but he had his chance against Lewis and lost. He can't handle a good boxer. I saw the Witherspoon fight against Darryl Wilson BK, and that was one hell of a right hand. The guy was out before he hit the canvas. Either one of these guys could get lucky and land a big punch, i.e. my man George Foreman, to win the heavyweight title, but I don't see it happening. Foreman punched harder than both of these guys together, no offense Tim or Ray. BK, I'm surprised your not a big Foreman fan, he's from Houston. I would love to have seen a young Foreman fight a young Tyson, or any of todays fighters. Hell he won the title at 44, what do you think he could have done today if he was in his prime? Damn! I still think Foreman had the hardest punches, both right and left, of anybody, including Tyson and Ernie Shavers. Remember how he hit Joe Frasier so hard he lifted him off the canvas. As for todays boxers, I think Vladimar Klitchko is definetely the champion of the future. Tremendous power in both hands and quickness and speed as well. Its only a matter of time, after Lewis and Tyson move on, until he dominates the heavyweight division. JMO

klitchco is definately a great talent. he showed his ability to adapt by developing an almost nonexistant left hand into a devistating left hook. his weakness, imo, is his robot like movements, he will need alot more head movement to get to the top, but like i said, he has proven he can adapt.

mercer has always been out of shape, he has always had power, and he has always had that pretty jab. he is a contender for sure in this weak ass feild.

tua and tyson!!!! hell yea! that would be a freiking war! tua is a mean s.o.b. in the ring also, they have the same power, both are short. i think tyson would get him, but, one punch from tua and its night night time for iron mike. tua has a fight within the month with someone. he shaved his head and bleached the crew cut, and the goatee!

gotta go with gatti! the guy is a machine. he can take a beating like no other. and mickey ward is the definition of heart. the guy will fight. i will watch this one!

9natural9 is offline Banned
    Arturo Gatti is the real life Rocky Balboa, the guy encapsulates what "heart" is all about...

Thread Information