Thread: Recovery cycle

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Recovery cycle

I'm starting a cycle or Test and Deca today hoping the deca will do some good for some back and shoulder/joint issues. I'm also doing it for the standard growth effects. I'm on HRT and it's been over a year since my first cycle (Test E only) and 4 months since my 2nd (Test E and Dbol /Winny).
    Last time on my cycle my levels where only around 1800 for my free test so this time instead of 400 mg week Ill up it to 500 mg and and run 400 mg Deca.

HOPEFULLY I will get some of the benefits I have been reading over the last SEVERAL months. I will keep this updated.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-10-2009 at 04:42 AM.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Good luck my brother...

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    if your looking into healing tendons/joints/ligaments your using too much test. i believe warchild posted a great thread on it. actually...

read!!

While injecting test increases protein synthesis by roughly 50 times, depending on dose and time, most bodybuilders forget that it will reduce collagen synthesis by more than 50% -- more like 80%, giving you the collagen synthesis rate of a senior citizen. Since collagen makes up tendons, bros are very prone to injury if they continue to lift very heavy, unless they cycle off T and let their collagen synthesis get back to normal. It's like having the skeletal muscle of a gorilla with the tendons of a very old man.

Winstrol increases collagen synthesis. It will give you bigger tendons. However, your body compensates for this by making them more brittle, weaker, and more prone to injury. I can't tell you how many bros work out anaerobically and become injured while on winstrol. Guys who lift in the 1-5 rep range while on winstrol, to baseball players who sprint all out from a stationary position -- winstrol should be the LAST drug they choose. Most of them like winstrol because they don't get the weight gain from it but it is very detrimental to bros who train for any sport anaerobically. Tendons tear easily on it.

Also, the drugs I mention increase collagen synthesis while also increasing collagen cross-linking integrity, making for a much stronger tendon.

Winstrol, on the other hand, will dramatically increase collagen syn, but ironically it decreases collagen cross-linking integrity, thus making a much weaker tendon.

You can plan a cycle of AAS which will increase collagen synthesis and skeletal muscle growth at the same time. The key is the drug(s) you choose.

Deca , Equipoise , Anavar , and Primobolan will ALL increase skeletal muscle while at the same time dramatically increase collagen syn and bone mass and density, leaving you with a substantially reduced chance of becoming injured than if you choose to use AAS like sus, cyp, or enth.

While testosterone will increase bone mass and density, even at supra-physiological levels, the result is weaker tendons due to inhibition of collagen syn.

To plan a cycle where the goal is to increase skeletal muscle mass/strength while at the same time increase joint/tendon/ligament strength, enough to keep up with the dramatic increase in skeletal muscle, you must choose drugs like Eq, Deca, Anavar, or Primo as the base of your cycle. Testosterone and its esters can be added to your cycle to keep levels within a 'normal' physiological range (ie, 100-200 mg/wk) but must not go above this. Since drugs like eq, deca, anavar and primo will reduce endogenous, natural levels of test, these levels may be maintained with exogenous test in the 100-200 mg/wk range. Test at this dose will not inhibit collagen syn, but paradoxically, will help increase it. It is when exogenous testosterone is used > 200 mg/wk that collagen syn is inhibited.

Deca @ 3 mg/kg a week(about 270 mg/wk for a 200 lb male) will increase procollagen III levels by 270% by week 2. Procollagen III is a primary indicator used to determine the rate of collagen syn. As you can see, deca is a very good drug at giving you everything you want -- an increase in collagen syn, an increase in skeletal muscle, and increases in bone mass and density. The one thing it does not give you is wood

Primobolan, @ 5 mg/kg, will increase collagen synthesis by roughly 180% -- less than deca and equipoise but still substantial.

Equipoise @ 3 mg/kg will increase procollagen III by approximately 340% -- slightly better than deca.

Oxandrolone has over a hundred studies documenting its effectiveness at treating patients needing rapid increases in collagen syn to enhance healing.

These drugs have longer half-lives than most other AAS, so this should be considered when timing your post cycle clomid use. Here they are:

Deca: 15 days Equipoise: 14 days Primobolan: 10.5 days

Anavar has a half-life of only 8 hours so it should not pose a problem.

GH is probably the most remarkable drug at increasing collagen synthesis. It increases collagen syn in a dose dependant manner -- the more you use, the more you will increase collagen syn. It has also demonstrated this ability in short and long term studies. From what I've read, hGH at 6 iu/day increased the collagen deposition rate by around 250% in damaged collagen structures. This result indicates that the increased biomechanical strength of wounds to collagen structures treated with biosynthetic human growth hormone was produced by an increased deposition of collagen in the collagen structures.

Eq, primo, anavar, and deca are all good -- they increase several biomakers of collagen syn -- ie, type III, II, I, procollagen markers. GH just seems to do so most dramatically.

Use of any of these drugs @ supra-physiological levels with a maintenance dose of test will increase collagen syn while at the same time increase skeletal muscle mass. Skeletal muscle mass gains will not be as dramatic as with large testosterone doses but you have to weigh the risk/reward basis for yourself. Also, these drugs do not satisfy the libido like testosterone, but that is not the point of this thread. It is only to demonstrate that you can increase skeletal muscle and collagen syn at the same time with certain AAS, the decision is up to you."

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    I meant Warmachine!! sorry bro lol

OK I'm confused by your post because it seems you think I am running winny where in fact I state I'm going to be doing Deca , same as you suggest???

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    He was merely pointing you towards something someone wrote....

take what you want out of it

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    He was merely pointing you towards something someone wrote....

take what you want out of it
    OK yeah it's a good read, it just seemed like he though I was going about it the wrong way. I read that article before also, it is one of the reason I decided to do this cycle. I hope it helps, my shoulder and back have been getting worse lately and I'm not lifting heavy at all. Even if it works and I feel great Im not going to lift heavy and take the chance of hurting myself again or worse.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO... DECA is great at helping with this sort of thing.. it is not a magical cure all...

No compound will ever HEAL you... Only Time and Proper Physical Therapy done by a trained professional will...

But, DECA is a great compound in that in my eyes it fills said joints will water.. lubing them.. I think as it is lubed it brings some sort of reaction to the body that allows it to speed the healing process.. I know that I used DECA after my shoulder surgery from a torn labrum and used a minimal amount of test.. 200mgs EW alongside 300mgs EW of DECA for 20 weeks.. yes I know that seemed like a long time.. but it wasn't a cycle to make gains.. EVEN THOUGH I DID MAKE SOME RIDICULOUS GAINS... which was not what I was trying to do... but hey whatever works.. lol... and I had my blood work done before and after (my Pct) and everything was perfect.. I did a 6 week pct of Clomid(6wks)/Aromasin (4wks)/HCG (2wks-prior to the PCT and 1 wk into the actual PCT)... Anyways long story short, I went from barely being able to move my shoulder/arm in wk 1... through an 6 week BIG physical therapy session I did, and 8 weeks in the cycle... 2 weeks after completion of my physical therapy I was back in the GYM ripping right into it... BENCHING 225 again with no pain... MY SURGEON was absolutely amazed at the ridiculous speed of my recovery... He has never had a patient in history recover from that surgery so fast ... HAHAHA obviously I DID NOT tell him what I was doing, butt obviously I attribute my speedy recovery to the AAS I was ON and my Physical Therapist (who was kick a$$ and wouldn't let me give up)...

So although they usually say DO NOT USE AAS TO HELP AID IN RECOVERY FROM AN INJURY... in my case I KNOW it helped/worked to my benefit... that's my story... take from it what you want...

Thanks for all that and I'm taking the same attitude, I dont expect it to heal me I'm doing physical therapy on my shoulder but hoping I dont have to do surgery. I'm also doing more physical therapy for my lower back and hope to build up the back muscles better and adding some water/lube to the joints sure sounds good.

I will keep this updated since I started my cycle 2 days ago.

3 days into cycle and I noticed the boys are already pulling up. LOL
    Ive been on Test E HRT for about 9 months+ and the boys only pulled up about 1/2 way but I noticed in the shower today they look like ive been in COLD water LOL Pulled up pretty tight already. I noticed the same thing about 1 1/2 months ago I was going to start then and took 1 shot with Deca and in 2 or 3 days they pulled up but I decided not to do it because the doc called that day wanting me to do blood work soon so I wanted everything to be nominal for the test with only the HRT Test E.

Anyone else gets results results/sides like that from Deca that fast?

Injection #3. My shoulder feels better than it has in months??? I think it's to soon for that, only 1 1/2 weeks so it's probably due to the Chiropractor adjustments I had last week and he worked my shoulder over pretty good also.

Ive also been using the inversion table every day 2x a day for 10+ minutes at a time so my back actually had been feeling a little better than it has in months but only slightly.

Just a quick update.

18 day into cycle, nothing to report. LOL
    Nothing really noticible except the shoulder is still doing pretty good, pain is much less. The back is still 100% the same.
    No sides from the deca yet. No bloating, no oily skin. If anything I think even though I'm eating like a horse I'm getting more lean and in I see more veins than ever before, my weight has not really gone up anything noticeable and I have not really tried lifting heavy because I don't want to tweak the shoulder or back but I do seem to be able to lift a little more without any extra effort.

I had to stop the cycle this week (deca ) doc decided he wanted to run extra blood work I'm putting it off a week hoping my levels wont be to high....

robby21b is offline New Member
    hey guys im really confused with this just new on here im lucking for some help on acne problems they really getting me down at the mo ive been on n off steriods for bout a year and i noticed them bout 4 month ago they come up like boils ive just recieved som tamoxifen which im gunna use with my nxt course coz ive been told this help kill acne is this true any help would be grate on wat to take n wat actions i shud i no this a total differnt convo but please help thnks rob......get massive stay massive

So why jump onto a random thread and post you problem instead of starting your own post. BAD form my friend.

Thread Information