View Poll Results: Does waxing eyebrows make a man less macho?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 34.74%
  • No

62 65.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    daem is offline Anabolic Member

Guys and eyebrow waxing

Alright, so the salon I get my haircut at was offering free eyebrow waxing today and I decided to do it...I have to admit my bushy brows look much better and neater now, however people who I have asked about it all concur that it is a little gay. I am comfortable with my heterosexuality and don't see why waxing the eyebrows would be any different than keeping other hair on your body or face neatly trimmed.

Any comments?

mdd
    mdd is offline Junior Member
    i just run a razor REAL LIGHTY over mine when they get too bushy. i read to do that on elite and it seems to work nice, good enough for me atleast

BDTR is offline Retired
    My girlfriend does cosmetic tattooing (eyebrows, permement makeup etc...) as well as waxing etc.. She's always trying to get me to let her "go to work on me" but I can't bring myself to let her. I don't think it's "gay" so to speak, i mean body building for most is about vanity, it's just not something i'm into.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    daem..I've certainly never been accused of being gay and I get my brows waxed every couple of weeks..I also get a manicure and massages as well..Since my hands are my tool of trade, and many of my patients look at my hands, I think it is important to keep them neat and clean..Some men just don't give a damn, but I'm certainly not one of them..And I will also tell you that cosmetic surgery among men has increased about 40% since I have been a surgeon..Men are coming in and getting just about everything that women get besides the obvious breast augmentation..In today's society your appearance can make you and break you in a lot of fields, especially in a competitive field..I say if you are comfortable with it and your honey has no problems with it, then do it..

And like bdtr said..Bodybuilding is mostly about vanity..So who cares if you go a little extra step to enhance your appearance and the way you feel about yourself..Men shaving their body is very widely accepted these days and in a few short years, you will see salon's tailoring things for men just as they do for women..Go to Los Angeles and you will see what I mean..

Doc M

SirBen187 is offline Junior Member
    Bro if you have a uni brow, why not wax your them to look better? No point in having the wicked body with the busted up head.

nj juice is offline Member
    I get mine waxed on a regular basis. ( every 2 weeks) Not really too many people think its gay, in fact girls seem to really like it, they say they find it a lot more attractive. Girls have even come up to me when im out and started conversations with me by first asking, " do you wax your eyebrows....i love that."

BDTR is offline Retired
    Well I think if i had a major unibrow i'd do something about it, but I already have a lot of scar tissue in my eyebrows so i'm not too into beauty.... Chicks dig the rugged type anyway

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    I don't really know I've never done it nor plan on it, but my tat artist has his done and has wicked tats where they use to be, actually looks alright

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    last nite when i was out i got a few good comments...two different girls were impressed and asked me if i got them done, to which i said yes. the one thought it was sexy that a guy would do that ...the other just wanted a reason to hit on me i think

i got the same reaction about my nails once when i had a manicure, however i can't see myself doing that again. pointless with how active i am since daily activities will only fuck them up.

im converted and will continue to wax the brows from here on out.

depdaddy is offline Member
    i have never had them waxed but i pluck so i dont have unibrow

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    i used to date a cos girls back in highschool she waxed every inch of my body at one point or another for pratice. I really miss it. when i loose some wieght and start to feel better about myself then yes i will do it again.

bigtraps is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    last nite when i was out i got a few good comments...two different girls were impressed and asked me if i got them done, to which i said yes. the one thought it was sexy that a guy would do that ...the other just wanted a reason to hit on me i think

i got the same reaction about my nails once when i had a manicure, however i can't see myself doing that again. pointless with how active i am since daily activities will only fuck them up.

im converted and will continue to wax the brows from here on out.
    Sweet Bro! I'm with you all da way on that one. I het mine done every 4 weeks. My Gal that does my hair, is a good freind... So cheap $20 hair cuts....$30 with coloring....and free eyebrow waxing. She does it without even asking.. She's a good girl. Chick dig it.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I wax my brow, but I used to have a real bad uni-brow. It was horrible. If anyone tells me that it's gay, I beat em up.

mstearns76 is offline Junior Member
    I had a really bad uni-brow... Got it electrolysis on it, and it is forever gone.

"God gave us two eyes so we should have two eyebrows not one"

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    getting it waxed is fine but be careful not to go too thin because that is where the gay comment will come in.

mfenske is offline Member
    I saw something the other day that said that straight men are doing way more things these days that were once considered gay (waxing, shaving, manicures, etc.). That being said gay men are starting to go hairy again. So smooth is straight? Mark

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    My wife does mine. The unibrow is not cool.
    I think she enjoys inflicting pain on me.

D

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I got a bunch of freinds that do it, i understand it but I dont have the need to since i have good eyebrows...I guess thats what girls tell me.

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    I tweeze my own eyebrows. I'm Ukranian so I have naturally bushy brows... yet no chest or back hair, weird.

Nixter.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I belive the term is "metro-sexual".

I don't see anything wrong with try to make your self look better, thats why we work out right?

I find chicks dig it.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    I tweeze my own brows all the time... I actually take pride in it... I use a mustache trimmer set to a medium length first... then I get the middle... then I use some scissors to even them up... then i pull the little shits out from the bottom... and they end up nice and even... just make sure you dont go too small... Once I did that in the persuit of perfection... omg.. it was horrible.. i was so imbarassed and I think that 3 or 4 gay guys picked up on me within the next 3 weeks... never again

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    embarassed* right?

wiky is offline Junior Member
    im very hairy and when i have to shave before public combats i do chest, back, arms and the face (eyebrow too), not the same been gay that been a gentleman, im sure james bond makes nails and eyebrow

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Yea, I think it does, but so what?

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    I get mine plucked..

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Well . . . if you ever feel yourself turning gay, you can always attribute it to eyebrow waxing . . .

Danielle is offline Female Member
    lol.......just about every guy i know gets their eyebrows waxed or threaded...........its the norm around here........i guess.....
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    Alright, so the salon I get my haircut at was offering free eyebrow waxing today and I decided to do it...I have to admit my bushy brows look much better and neater now, however people who I have asked about it all concur that it is a little gay. I am comfortable with my heterosexuality and don't see why waxing the eyebrows would be any different than keeping other hair on your body or face neatly trimmed.

Any comments?
    daem,

A few questions immediately came to mind when you asked if waxing eye brows is a little gay:
    1. After the waxing, did you feel that you liked the men in the room "a little" more?
    2. After the waxing, did you feel that you liked the women in the room "a little" less?
    3. After the waxing, did you suddenly crave a cigar?

Male grooming such as waxing your eyebrows is not "a little gay." It's actually "A LOT gay," but that perception is changing rapidly.

There was a open-mike, call-in radio program covering a range of topics from serious politics to inconsequential news. One caller commented that now that there has become an ever increasing amount of pressure on men to look good, many guys are doing things they would never have dreamed of doing just a few years ago in order to be well-groomed. The caller made the point that gay men have always been ahead of the curve when it comes to male grooming, so anything regarding male grooming (besides the very basics) was automatically associated with being gay. What's happening now, is that many straight guys are trying to catch up and to learn what many gay guys have done all along.

In a year or so, male grooming will be just another fact of life for most metropolitain men. In fact a phrase has been coined for straight men who are cultured, well-groomed, and indulge in non-sexual things that were formally considered signs of homosexuality. These men are called metro-sexuals--straight guys who have been exposed to and have accepted the culture and experiences associated with living in a metropolitain area (as opposed to the boon-docks)--a quality long associated with gay men.

As long as you're comfortable with your sexuality, and the people to whom you're attracted like how you look, then it doesn't matter what you do to look good. However if you start going to extremes then do yourself a favor and don't discuss it outside your close circle of friends.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 12-29-2003 at 02:06 PM.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I have never had my brows waxed but I have had them plucked by an old girl friend of mine before. I didn't feel real gay. She liked so I don't know

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    i always wanned to shave one eyebrow off and run around screaming the king is coming the king is coming in a crowded subway car.. things like that tickle me..

MachZ is offline Member
    I don't have the UniBrow problem and my brows are pretty good but man there are some things that seperate men from women and waxing the brows imo is one of them unless you have the uni brow problem.
    Whats next, perminate eye liner?

And the talk about gay guys hitting on you after having the brows waxed is too much. Sure makes me want to run out and get it done.....NOT..LMAO

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Ok.. i haven't done the eye brows.. but my wife holds me down and plucks all the hair from my ears.. she even will wax my back.. (doesn't come back as quick.. )

and the pain from the ear thing always leads to Boom Boom..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Symian is offline Member
    My hair guy usually waxes mine, and if it's been a while I at least trim them with my shaver.

Sym

SAVAGEju is offline New Member
    any guy that calls you gay for it is just insecure. I get my eyebrows waxed and the girls love it. I think it makes you more gay for getting caught up in what guys are saying. You are doing it to impress the girls not the guys RIGHT???

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixter
    I tweeze my own eyebrows. I'm Ukranian so I have naturally bushy brows... yet no chest or back hair, weird.

Nixter.
    im portuguese but im the same exact way big bushy eye brows with no back or chest hair, I dont get it...

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member

nothing wrong with taking time to make yourself look good! unless you start getting those well overplucked brows that are way too pretty i see on a lot of younger hispanic guys in my area.....

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    It's gay.

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    the only thing i do is shave my one gaint eyebrown to make it look like two individaul eyebrows.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    No, if you have a uni-brow, wax it.

jpmacco is offline Associate Member
    I have a uni-brow and just pluck the middle of it. I have never had it waxed, but can tell ( i think)when a guy waxes his because it doesn't look natural and as if the guy is wearing makeup. But maybe this is just a bad waxing job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information