Thread: Glutamine

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member

Glutamine

hi guys,

i have searched for info on this (i dont like to post pontless threads) although im sure some will say this is pointless

i have 500gm of L-Glutamine just sitting in the cupboard, so i thought i may aswell give it a try. I have read numerous reviews on this product some saying it's good/others saying it's a load of crap (the same with most supps, diff views all around).

anyway i searched ar and couldnt find wat i was looking for, i found several links to information on glutamine and what it does etc, but what i was really after was how much to taker/ed and when?

From what i read, i understood for post workout a dose of 5-10 grams is a good idea, but what about non workout days? and aside from post workout are there any other times i should take it

ta

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    Use it in the night time shakes as well.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I take mine with gatorade, 5g in the morning before cardio, 5g before workout and 5g at night.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    If I was going to bother with taking L-Glutamine, I would try to take at least 10 grams at a time. That way, at least some of it should make it past the digestive system. You can take it before you work out or emediatly after working out. On non-work days I'd take it once in the morning and once at night. It's really best to take Glutamine when it's bound to something else though.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    If I was going to bother with taking L-Glutamine, I would try to take at least 10 grams at a time. That way, at least some of it should make it past the digestive system. You can take it before you work out or emediatly after working out. On non-work days I'd take it once in the morning and once at night. It's really best to take Glutamine when it's bound to something else though.
    yea i read that peptide (or however its spelt) is good, but i cant find anywhere that sells it in the UK

eacman65 is offline Member
    ive always heard that you get plenty of it from your protein powder

Thread Information