Thread: help on BCAAs?

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member

help on BCAAs?

tried a search on BCAA but couldn't find anything i want. found some posts saying "take BCAA" and some others saying "it's not important". well we all know the usefulness of glutamine, and how arginine can help. is BCAA like arginine, of help but not necessary?

bigordie is offline Member
    if you take a protien shake it should have sufficient amounts of the Branch Chain Amino Acids in it. I can tell you that when i added liquid bcaa's to my diet last summer i def noticed a big difference. i took them before and after every workout. the only thing is, the liquid gets expensive.

hmm if your protein shake has enough, then why do you still take it PWO? or are you referring to the BCAA inside the protein shake?

your protien shake says it has enough...i did it pretty much to test them, and i must say i was satisfied

you did "it" to test them? sorry, could you elaborate on the "it". thanks bro

sure thing, 1 serving of liquid aminos(52ml) pre-workout, 1 serving pwo(52ml) sorry i was in a hurry earlier

NewBreed is offline Associate Member
    I fyou take BCAAs alone,they´re not huindred in absorption by other aminos and by themselves in a sufficiant quantity from a tablet or liquid,they help to restore Glutamine
    because they´re better absorbed and the body may render them easily to glutamine in more sufficiant way.

Also do Isoleucine leucine and Alanin in the right ratio act as a stimulant by blockin some substrates which give the signal "tired" in the CNS.

harleystrongman is offline Junior Member
    I think it is important to take BCAA's, in addion to protien shakes. A protien reqires amino acids. Protien shakes have amino accids, but verry few essential amino accids. You must have essential amino acids to build muscle, and the BCAA's are comprised of mostly essential amino accids.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I really noticed a difference when I added them. 10-15g preworkout/10-15g post workout

5-10g pre cardio

h3p
    h3p is offline New Member
    i noticed effect too... after taking it for 2months;]

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    BCAA's are best taken alone and even better when taken with small amounts of dextrose. The BCAA's in whey protein are pretty much useless IMO.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    BCAA's are best taken alone and even better when taken with small amounts of dextrose. The BCAA's in whey protein are pretty much useless IMO.
    Me and the big guy have the same views on BCAA use mostly. Dex is interesting and I can see how it would definitely be beneficial. I B D I have also been taking some Vit E with my BCAA's, helps with the absorption I have been reading and also obviously just with anti-oxidant support especially after intense workouts.
    Just 400iu.

Ditto I actually take 400iu with my PWO meal but not directly with my PWO BCAA's maybe I'll try it for a bit.. thanks for the tip!
    Btw Bino, tested BF yesterday and was at 6% but the crazy thing is I'm weighing 210, up from around 4% contest at 178.6.. Hard to explain really.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Wow, thats really great man congrats. Cant wait to see your progression during this offseason bro. Keep me updated.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    I mega dosed them through out the day at 35-40gs a day, and achieved awesome results. I used it during cutting.

embalmer is offline Associate Member
    what brand were you using? I'm looking to start possibly taking these during my HUGE cutting cycle and I'm looking for something to help preserve the muscle while losing the weight

Check out .com

For pure Leucine .com
    Last edited by G-1000; 09-06-2006 at 03:17 PM. Reason: No web sights

Thread Information