Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    Benzos interupt REM sleep, and give a nasty hangover. Plus most have a long half life. They are very addictive. I was hooked for 3 months, and then quit cold turkey. The benzo withdrawl was horrible. You cannot describe the feeling unless you have been through it. Lets put it this way, suicide would have been an easy way out, and much less pain. Even if you have anxiety, I wouldnt take them, unless you want to take them everyday for the rest of your life.
    I know what your talking about, I got into trouble with Valiums and Xan's a few years back. I stopped cold turkey, it was a terrible experience. Right now I'm on a bunch of Rx's, mostly for pain.
    good luck dude,
    otto

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    eh prolangtum
    the book is called -the food connection by sam graci pg. 50
    "5htp supplementations is the immediate precursor for melatonin synthesis. limited research indicates that 50 mg of 5 htp, taken sublingually one hour before sleep, may do the trick. only use 5 htp one to two times a week at the maximum, to keep serotonin levels fro rising too high. it converts very quickly to serotonin and has the risk of dramatically elevating blood levels of serotoin. too much serotonin continually in the bloodstream can damage heart valves. use one 50 mg capsule of 5htp open the capsule and dissolve the powder under your tongue for two minutes."

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    I have read that before, but I have serious doubts to it, as it has never been proven in a study. That being said, I would just take melatonin anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information