Thread: I need advice

Ranger83 is offline New Member

I need advice

Im 16, in the 11th grade, ive been lifting weights for bout 4 yrs, this yr my coach put me on a protein diet and told me to take in my body weight if not more in grams, ive done this for a about 3 mos and havent seen much results, i lift about 5 times a week with a core day of jsut abs in the middle, i was hoping i could get adivce on supplements i could use to go along with the diet, sorry if this is a stupid newbie question, but i rather be safe than sorry, Thank you

xfade7 is offline Member
    i dont think 16 yr olds are allowed on this board, but i was there once and i can relate.

read this if you want to gain size - it'll help alot.. and i'd shoot for 1.5-2.0 g of protein per lb. make sure you dont go passed 45g of protein in a 3 hour period because it will not be absorbed (45 is just a rule of thumb in actuality i dont know how much will be absorbed for you)..

make sure you read this post tho.. help ya TONS.

UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

xfade7

You're too young to be on here man. Just make sure you don't do steroids until you're at least 25. Peace.

xfade7 is offline Member
    yea keep off the roids for sure.. definitely.

plus right now you should probably be going all natural, very limited supps.

just increase the protein/carbs and calories man.. you'll see a gain for sure

xfade7

Thanks for the advice, im not planning on taking roids, i just rather ask someone who has actually taken supplements then some guy over the counter who wnats to make money at gnc, Thanks you very much and i appreciate it.

One last question this might be really stupid but, is there a formula or something to find out body fat?

Suprised you're still here...

Get some calipers to measure BF.

Thank you man, i really apprecite it.

Bro. Eat 5000 plus calories a day minimum and you should grow. If your not full all the time your not eating enough. All of the ball and training means you need to eat like a pig.

xfade7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmondodondo

Bro. Eat 5000 plus calories a day minimum and you should grow. If your not full all the time your not eating enough. All of the ball and training means you need to eat like a pig.
    exactly. make sure you eat clean though, you dont want that turning into fat. if you eat cleanly with that many calories and that much protein you'll be gaining size pretty **** fast at your age.

xfade7

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    creatine should be fine for you.

xfade7 is offline Member
    make sure you're working every muscle group, legs, delts, back, arms, chest... make sure you're squating (learn correct form) and deadlifting(learn correct form).. if you dont work your legs you're not going to gain half as much weight/muscle.

xfade7

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger83
    Im 16, in the 11th grade, ive been lifting weights for bout 4 yrs, this yr my coach put me on a protein diet and told me to take in my body weight if not more in grams, ive done this for a about 3 mos and havent seen much results, i lift about 5 times a week with a core day of jsut abs in the middle, i was hoping i could get adivce on supplements i could use to go along with the diet, sorry if this is a stupid newbie question, but i rather be safe than sorry, Thank you
    I'm sure you've heard this over and over, but the best advice I can give you is to just lift and eat. Your hormones are raging right now! Take advantage of them! Bump your protein intake up to about 1.5g/lb. and make sure your lifting routine is in tact. Don't overtrain and allow your muscles to recover. Drink plenty of water. As for supplements, I recommend a multi-vitamin. Sounds stupid, but a good multi-vitamin can really increase your work ethic thus giving you better workouts. best of luck!

Thread Information