Sasebo is offline New Member

Need to gain weight

Hello Everyone,

I had colon cancer and had to have my colon removed, I've been cancer free for over 3 years. The problem is, I'm 6ft 1in tall and only weigh 142 lbs I've always been slim but not like this. I asked my doctor about hgh injections but told me my insurance wouldn't cover it, he told me to just eat more easier said than done. My question is what do you feel would be the best steroids or supplements for me to take. I'm currently doing light work outs with weights. I don't want to be huge but would like to put on 20 - 25 lbs. Any help would be appreciated and if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Ron

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    hmmm... considering your prior conditions I would not mess with hgh... there are numerous positive sides on the stuff but the few negs involves one which correlates with cancer. I can't seem to remember at the moment but I believe it translated to aiding cancers' growth. Pls do som research on the hgh board if you're thinking to cycle. IMO I would go natural... a good multi, B12, and up your calorie intake... maybe with some meal replacements(shake, bar) in between your meals. Good luck!

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewade
    hmmm... considering your prior conditions I would not mess with hgh... there are numerous positive sides on the stuff but the few negs involves one which correlates with cancer. I can't seem to remember at the moment but I believe it translated to aiding cancers' growth. Pls do som research on the hgh board if you're thinking to cycle. IMO I would go natural... a good multi, B12, and up your calorie intake... maybe with some meal replacements(shake, bar) in between your meals. Good luck!
    You are right Bro, HGH speeds the growth of tumors. Some recommend having a cancer screening before even messing with it.

I would stay natural if I were you. Weight gainers and lots of food plus protein powder should help you out if you can eat what you like.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    If you decide to go natural, try increasing your caloric intake by 500-1000 calories per day. This will lead to a gain in bodyweight of 1-2lbs. per week. If you take a gradual approach like this, you gain more lean muscle mass with less bodyfat. Try adding meal replacement drinks to your meals to increase the calories for the day. Once you've achieved your desired weight, you can maintain at that point. Exercises such as squats and deadlifts involve a large amount of muscle mass and will stimulate your appetite so you can eat more calories.

JonEberle is offline New Member
    Drink a lot of whole milk if you can; muscle milk is a great product for maintaing a small amount of fatty weight on top of increasing muscle, and holds water weight in (good if you need to maintain weight).

DEFINITELY go natural, there is absolutely no reason to do steroids in your condition. Do like others posted and do lower body exercises 3 or 4 times a week and force down a shake between good solid meals.

It takes some discipline to eat that much, but eventually your body begins to run more efficiently and you will be hungry enough to want to eat all the time!

Thread Information