D9S0M is offline Associate Member

How many grams of vitamin c and e do u guys take a day?

wats up guys im goin to start cutting on monday and i got sum vitamin c and e and was wondering how much of each to take per day thanks!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I take 12 grams of vit. C a day as a natural test booster. I don't take vit. E as a separate supplement from my multi-vitamin/mineral.

12 grams a day wow thats alot lol....it actually boost ur test with a dose that high???

anyone else

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by D9S0M
    12 grams a day wow thats alot lol....it actually boost ur test with a dose that high???
    I read this in Optimum Sports Nutrition by Dr. Micheal Colgan. There is another member on the board that uses more than that (14 grams). I believe his member name is Johan and he has done a lot of research on Vitamin C's benefits.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D9S0M
    wats up guys im goin to start cutting on monday and i got sum vitamin c and e and was wondering how much of each to take per day thanks!
    3g. vit c ed, 400iu vit e after cardio. If I start feeling sick I'll kick the vit c up to 10-12g. ed.

serving size is 1000g for vit c and 1000iu for vit e..

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i use 6 - 7g vit c and 1000ius vit e daily

Smile

thanks guys

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    2-3 grams ester C.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    2grams

Veretta21 is offline Junior Member
    For people taking more than 5g's of vit. C ed, how do your muscles feel since you have been doing this?

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    you guys are going overkill.

http://www.napa.ufl.edu/2001news/vitaminC.htm

http://my.webmd.com/content/pages/1/3079_1515

you guys shouldnt be exceeding 2 grams a day at the most.

Where is Johan on this---definitely would like to hear what he has to say about this---or any other knowledgeable peeps on Vit. C

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Veretta21
    For people taking more than 5g's of vit. C ed, how do your muscles feel since you have been doing this?
    Can't really say how the muscles felt, sorry. In the morning, I got fierce morning wood (worse than usual). Also, when I went to take a piss, I had a hard time going. It felt like my prostate was swollen. I've never had this happen before. My brother has reported the same results to me.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    I take 4gr vit c and 800 i.u vitamin e.

i take like 3000iu of vit e is that 2 much?

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    Can't really say how the muscles felt, sorry. In the morning, I got fierce morning wood (worse than usual). Also, when I went to take a piss, I had a hard time going. It felt like my prostate was swollen. I've never had this happen before. My brother has reported the same results to me.
    Im suprized Johan hasnt posted yet,lol.
    Me, i take 3 grams.

Striker, you and your brothers findings as well as the recomendations made in the first study for people with inflammatory disease can be attributed to this: Vitamin C helps certain prostaglandins be produced in the body. These prostaglandins(PGE2) are pro-inflammatory mini-hormones. They name "prostaglandins" was given to them because they where first discovered in high concentration in the the prostate gland and semen. So if you raised your Vit C intake, your PGE2 increased, and the ones elevated in your prostate caused the inflammation making it hard to pee. There is some thought now that inflammation may be a benefit to the anabolic process. This is the thinking behind products like "X-Factor" and "Adonis-X", which both contain the omega-6 fatty acid Arachidonic Acid(AA). Increased levels of AA has been shown to increase the PGE2 output. Omega-3 fatty acids on the other hand do the opposite. This is why fish oils are recomended for inflammation in the joints. I would say if your going to take high vitamen c, then increase your fish oil and flax if you notice signs of inflammation. I plan on running a high dose of AA with a hefty dose of vitamin C in the next month or so. I will let you guys know how it goes. Inflammation as you may have guessed is bad for health. Most american have whats called "silent inflamation" form to much insulin production. Insulin increases AA production in the body regardless of AA consumption. So a person taking vitamen C who is overwight and eating to many carbs is probably not really helping themselves too much. Not to digress from the vitamin C talk but,
    I have found evidence that omega-3 fatty accids can help muscle gain and fat burning, and found evidence that omega-6 fatty acids can too. But they do it by two different pathways. One is the safe anti-inflammatory way, the other is the risky pro-inflmmatory way. It's like the light side of the the force, and the dark side. But you have to choose because you can't have both! They contadict each other. So taking high doses of omega 3' and 6's at the same time will do nothing. But whatever side you do choose, Vitamin C will increase whatever side your on, because vitaman C helps both sets of prostaglandins get producted. It may however have slight more benefit in increasing the inflmmatory side if i remember correctly but im not sure. A great book about the subject is called "The Anit-Inflamation Zone" by Barry Sears. Awesome book covering iflammation. He recomended limited vit C because of his findings. His book make AA products seem like poisen, but i think there is still more research to be done on the anabolic side of inflammation. I hope William LLewelyn publishes some if his findings.

Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member
    i take, 3 1000mg of Vitamin c a day, its a natuarl body healer for everything...I also take fish oil, and since I have adhd, it has helped greatly in my being able to concentrate

upped---wheres Johan about taking in too much Vit. C being harmful

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I rarely check out this section

To answere the original question I consume 15-20 grams of vitamin c(sodium ascorbate)/day. Up to 50+ if Im about to catch a cold.

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    Im suprized Johan hasnt posted yet,lol.
    Me, i take 3 grams.

Striker, you and your brothers findings as well as the recomendations made in the first study for people with inflammatory disease can be attributed to this: Vitamin C helps certain prostaglandins be produced in the body. These prostaglandins(PGE2) are pro-inflammatory mini-hormones. They name "prostaglandins" was given to them because they where first discovered in high concentration in the the prostate gland and semen. So if you raised your Vit C intake, your PGE2 increased, and the ones elevated in your prostate caused the inflammation making it hard to pee. There is some thought now that inflammation may be a benefit to the anabolic process. This is the thinking behind products like "X-Factor" and "Adonis-X", which both contain the omega-6 fatty acid Arachidonic Acid(AA). Increased levels of AA has been shown to increase the PGE2 output. Omega-3 fatty acids on the other hand do the opposite. This is why fish oils are recomended for inflammation in the joints. I would say if your going to take high vitamen c, then increase your fish oil and flax if you notice signs of inflammation. I plan on running a high dose of AA with a hefty dose of vitamin C in the next month or so. I will let you guys know how it goes. Inflammation as you may have guessed is bad for health. Most american have whats called "silent inflamation" form to much insulin production. Insulin increases AA production in the body regardless of AA consumption. So a person taking vitamen C who is overwight and eating to many carbs is probably not really helping themselves too much. Not to digress from the vitamin C talk but,
    I have found evidence that omega-3 fatty accids can help muscle gain and fat burning, and found evidence that omega-6 fatty acids can too. But they do it by two different pathways. One is the safe anti-inflammatory way, the other is the risky pro-inflmmatory way. It's like the light side of the the force, and the dark side. But you have to choose because you can't have both! They contadict each other. So taking high doses of omega 3' and 6's at the same time will do nothing. But whatever side you do choose, Vitamin C will increase whatever side your on, because vitaman C helps both sets of prostaglandins get producted. It may however have slight more benefit in increasing the inflmmatory side if i remember correctly but im not sure. A great book about the subject is called "The Anit-Inflamation Zone" by Barry Sears. Awesome book covering iflammation. He recomended limited vit C because of his findings. His book make AA products seem like poisen, but i think there is still more research to be done on the anabolic side of inflammation. I hope William LLewelyn publishes some if his findings.
    There is more to this then the prostagladins. Interleukin's for instance. Vit c lowers interleukin 6(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interleukin_6) induced by training(very good for us in other words)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...848&query_hl=2

What the net effect would but on inflamation I can not tell but since vit c increases good prostaglandins and decrases Il-6 I would think for those that do alot of exercise that it will have a net effect of lowering inflamation.

Consumption of high-pressurized vegetable soup increases plasma vitamin C and decreases oxidative stress and inflammatory biomarkers in healthy humans.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...269&query_hl=5

High-pressurized orange juice consumption affects plasma vitamin C,
    antioxidative status and inflammatory markers in healthy humans.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...179&query_hl=5

Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH
    you guys are going overkill.

http://www.napa.ufl.edu/2001news/vitaminC.htm

http://my.webmd.com/content/pages/1/3079_1515

you guys shouldnt be exceeding 2 grams a day at the most.
    lol we rust inside. That first article is just a bunch of bad conclusion and why would anyone non anemic even supplement with iron. I wouldnt advice anyone to use mega dosages of vit c along with iron not because of any "rust". But because vit c makes the body so efficient at storing iron that toxic levels can be reached.

The second article supports vit c supplementation. The human body can absorb FAR more than 200mg. They have drawn that poor conclusion by the fact that alot is excreted by urin. Funny thing is that a pig that produces 10+ grams of vit c also excretes alot of vit c in the urine but no one doubts the pig needs that ammount of vit c.
    Another funny thing is that the rdi of vit c for a monkey is 5 grams while the rdi for humans is a pathetic 50mg. We have the exact same need for vit c as monkeys....Acctualy by most accounts our ancestors got around 5-7 grams of vit c daily through diet.

Do a search on my name and vitamin c and all the articles showings both its safety and its efficiency at high dosages will pop upp. Why anyone would take less then 5grams/day is beyond me. When more is proven to protect against various diseases and has a host of other benifits(insulin sensitivity, cancer protection, gets rid of heavy metals).
    "Vitamin c, curing the incurable" By Dr Tom Levy or "Ascorbate" By Dr Hickey is 2 good books that everyone should read(atleast everyone that wants to be in control of there own health).

I can say this. Since I started mega dosing(15+) vitamin c I have noticed a few things

I have more energy

I seem to recover faster from workouts

I seem to have less soreness following workouts

My alergies disturb me less(its a anti histamin)

For some reason my knees(that have been bothering me for years, they have been VERY poor) has COMPLETELY recovered. I have NO clue how or why vit c has done this but there is nothing else that could have had this effect since I havent changed anything else. Vit c increases collagen synthesis so I guess that explains or. Or maby it makes glucosamin more efficient. I have no clue but it is damn close to a miracle.

^^thanks bud----whenever a topic with Vit. C comes up---I need to hear your opinion about it---that article with the rust and iron had me curious so....anyways been taking ascorbic acid instead of the sodium ascorbate I like it better---should I be taking all my Vit. C before working out or should I spread it out so I have some at night about an hour before bed? Right now I have been taking all my Vit. C basically when I get up in the morning

np bro.

spread it out as evenly as possible. Vit c has a very short half life so atleast 3 dosages/Day. Every hour would be optimal but 3 times a day will work like a charm aswell(unless you are sic then once every hour should be done).

Taking everything at once is accutaly worse then taking half that dosage but spread over the day. So split it.

about vit e. I get 100mg from supplemets and around 3-4mg from wheat sprouts.

glad to hear your tummy can handle the ascorbic acid.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Johan, have you ever had any bloodwork done to see if those high doses of Vit. C have any impact on your lipids? I'm just curious, because since Vit. C is an anti-oxident, it should prevent VLDL's from oxidizing, thus keeping those low, while keeping HDL's high.

I did bloodwork 2 weeks ago. Havent gotten the results yet but Il share them with the board when I get them

but its proven that vit c does prevent VLDL and LDL from oxidizing.

it also protects the cardiovascular system by increasing nitric oxide synthesis and protecting nitric oxide so it is active longer.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    That's interesting. So if Vit C. increases nitric oxide synthesis then it should lower blood pressure, as well providing the other benefits of NO supplements?

yes. I also notice more vascularity(but Im never ripped enough to realy tell a difference).

There are several studies done that shows vitamin c clearly improves endothelial (sp?)function and that it negates the dangers with high blood sugar(like diabetics have).

Here is my bloodwork btw I got the results today.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...34#post2094234

rajs is offline New Member
    about 1g Vit C and 800 i.u vitamin E

Thread Information