freakintraining is offline Associate Member

not very smart about otc supps

this prolly sounds weird but i dont know too much about all the new products that come out OTC, i know the basics, whey glutamine and ammino....(i know a hell of alot more about AAS then OTC supps) but my question is, i am going to be on a pretty heavy cycle this comming fall amd i need to up my calories so i am going ot get weight gainer but i dont know which is the best brand for the money....calorie to fat to protein what is the best on the market and what time of the day is best to take it? thanx

copenhagen is offline Member
    bro, i would not waste my money on a weight gainer, try looking through the recipes section, i think they got some homemade weight gainers in there

freakintraining is offline Associate Member
    thanx

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    agreed

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by copenhagen
    bro, i would not waste my money on a weight gainer, try looking through the recipes section, i think they got some homemade weight gainers in there
    Definitely sounds good. Also grab a good clean whey. Every main meal you eat just throw in a couple of scoops to give you some additional calories and Protein. Just dont fill yourself w/ empty calories.

jkarcs055 is offline New Member
    when your trying to put on mass thiers no such thing as empty calories especially if your a hard gainer and him thinking of using weightgainer sort of signifies hes a hardgainer

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by jkarcs055
    when your trying to put on mass thiers no such thing as empty calories especially if your a hard gainer and him thinking of using weightgainer sort of signifies hes a hardgainer

Using a weightgainer doesnt signify a hardgainer. A hardgainer is basically someone who finds it difficult to gain good quality muscle mass. By drinking a shake once a day doesnt define one. It may help by adding additional calories to ones daily caloric intake but wont make that big of a difference.

Personally being an ectomorph, I am a hardgainer but get results other ways as far as diet. Eating balanced meals all throughout the day and like i said earlier, adding a couple of scoops of whey 3 times a day. The key for a hardgainer is usually to slow down the break down of the food they are ingesting. A lot of weight gainers have a shit load of carbs and still only about 60 grams fo protein or so. Eat a good quality meal and you can get 40g of protein easliy. If you want the extra boost, like I do, throw in those extra scoops and theres 60-80.

I understand where you are coming from w/ the total calories though. I should have specified what empty calories are. To me they are calories w/ no nutritional value. Like going out and pounding 4 shots and 4 beers. Theres an easy way to pack in 1000 calories.

Thread Information