beenie is offline Senior Member

When to take R-ALA

I am currently taking 200MG with my post workout drink which contains 50 mg protien and 100 mg carb. I am using it to help shuttle the carbs. I am wondering since the carbs are from dexrose, and it metabolizes very quickly, I might be better to take the R-ALA as I start working out. Any thoughts?

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    morning, before workout and night, ALA is good stuff

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    I am currently taking 200MG with my post workout drink which contains 50 mg protien and 100 mg carb. I am using it to help shuttle the carbs. I am wondering since the carbs are from dexrose, and it metabolizes very quickly, I might be better to take the R-ALA as I start working out. Any thoughts?
    before any meal with carbs in my opinion...and nutrient uptake by muscles it already at full blast after workout so you dont really need it for pwo shake...but it may help slightly.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    My question was really meant to be more specific so I'll add some information. Aside from the dextrose in my PW drink I limit my carbs to negligible. My intent is not to get into a diet discussion. My intent is to know the timing of the R-ALA and the carbs in the drink.

Should they be taken at the same time or should the R-ALA be taken earlier?

Thread Information