ascendant is offline Senior Member

how many vitamins to take?

i take the ultra vita man vitamins from vitamin world, and it says on the bottle to take 2 a day. now, since i'm bulking, eating and training hard and really pushing myself in the gym, should i be taking in more? i know too much of certain vitamins can be a bad thing, but not enough can be bad as well. would jumping up to 3 be a good idea, or should the amount in the 2 be good enough? right now, i take 1 in the morning and 1 pwo. thinking of adding the 3rd right before bed. thanks.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    on multi's that say you should take one pill daily, some guys on here say they take one am and one before bed. i don't personally. but i figured i would let you know what i've heard. maybe one of those guys that do it will chime in here.

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    Take the amount that is listed on the bottle. I wouldn't risk taking more then the recomended dosage !

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    bottle says two, so i guess i'll stick with that. just wanted to make sure i wasn't short-changing myself. thanks for the advice guys.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Ya the bottle says 2...the bottle of vit C also says one dosed at 500mg...people take 20 of those a day. I dont think its a big deal. My multi's are 2 a days and I take about 4 a day. Im not saying you should do it, but I really dont see anything wrong with it.

TexN343 is offline Associate Member
    I dose vitamins based on the coloration of my urine sounds gross but makes sense to me. If im in major excess the color is more neon green . If I need more it's more towards clear. JMHO.

PurplePatriot is offline Associate Member
    Generally people who make these vitamins are not stupid peoeple. They have done a lot of research to the dosages of their product. In most cases the ideal amount to take is exactly what they reccomend on the label. And if you think you might need to take more that what they say... then call them before you do and tell them your situation and ask if you will be benefitted in doing so.

More is rarely better.

GreenLantern12 is offline Associate Member
    actually I take those Vitamins too. You have to take a ridiculaus amout of a certain vitamin to make it toxic to you.

When I boxed I would take four of them sometimes six depending on how I was workingout. the reasoning behind it is that the workouts were so intense that you would sweat alot of vitamins and minerals out of your body. Vitamins are made for your avgerage person who doesn't need the same nutrition as a professional athlete. But unless your doing crazy abounts of cardio for the summer I would stick with 2 a day.

Rip it is offline Associate Member
    bumping up to three a day would be fine like Greenlathern said you have to take a huge amout to do any damage your body can only use so much and the rest you will just piss out so it is probably better to take 3 and not cut your self sort, but i'm no expert.

Thread Information