saboudian is offline Senior Member

Proof that you will not meet someone dumber then me

Alright guys this is absolutely humiliating for me but it here it goes.

The last couple times i went to gnc i just picked up their brand protein cuz i think all they had in optimum was vanilla, which is what i usually get but the vanilla is so horrible i'll never get it again. Anyways i had the gnc protein before and it was a pretty decent protein. I was in a hurry so i just grabbed the biggest jug of gnc chocolate protein and some cell-tech, flipped my credit card and that was it.

It lasted me about about 5 or 6 weeks and i was like well if that lasted me this long well then how long will this 10lb bag of optimum protein last?
    Anyways i was looking at the serving per container on the gnc protein once i had just finished it. It had about 40g of protein/serving and 35 servings, i was like well damn how the hell did it last so long. And there it was staring me in the eye "1 serving = 3 scoops", then i fucking the slammed it on the floor and screamed fuck as loud as possible. All that time my muscles were secretly being deprived of protein, poor muscles, they were screaming for more and i never knew it. I guess that would explain why my weight has stayed just about the same the entire month i was taking that protein. Which really makes me mad cuz now i'm just about to start cutting down and that was supposed to be my last good month of bulking and making good gains. Ugh, i thought my muscles were growing happily inside but deep down they were actually dying.

Well bottomline check how many scoops = 1 serving.

Note: This is an actual story, not like some of the victorian guy's stories, although some of those are worth some good laughs. Of course we all secretly know the victorian guy's stories are real

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Well you see a rugby player wouldnt make that mistake LOL sorry mate wrong thread :P So were you making 1 scoop per shake? dont sweat it at least your still getting additional protein but just remember the shakes are an accompliment to 5-7 meals throughout the day its not the be all and end all you still need the solids.........HITMAN
    Last edited by Hitman; 12-07-2002 at 05:57 PM.

Yeah i never eat less then 5 meals, and usually more around 7-8 meals a day, but right after a workout is when i want to make sure i get more then enough protein especially if i'm bulking. Thats really the only reason that it bothers me.

Of course a rugby player wouldn't make that mistake, he'd probably take 4 or 5 scoops because he thinks he plays the toughest sport and needs 4-5 times more then the average joe

hey sab rugby players are so tough they eat the tub afterward just for the fibre value. Hey how many shakes do you incorporate into your day because like yourself i used to have more than enough untill i saw a thread that said your body can only process so much in a day and anything above was a waste . Also in one thread a guy was hospitalised for consuming to much, he had kidney problems amongst other things, can anyone else remember the thread im talking about?
    Last edited by Hitman; 12-07-2002 at 06:05 PM.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    I did the same thing with my very first weight gainer...all I saw was the 2000 cal. per shake and I bought it....little did I know it would take 9 scoops of the shit...making it into a thick batter that would rival any doorstop...and there would only be 6 servings in a 19.6lb jug(slight exageration)!!! I feel your pain.

Aragorn

Stormrider is offline Junior Member
    Ouch, never good...

Originally posted by Hitman
    hey sab rugby players are so tough they eat the tub afterward just for the fibre value. Hey how many shakes do you incorporate into your day because like yourself i used to have more than enough untill i saw a thread that said your body can only process so much in a day and anything above was a waste . Also in one thread a guy was hospitalised for consuming to much, he had kidney problems amongst other things, can anyone else remember the thread im talking about?
    I'm sure a tub is just a snack for a rugby player. You see a football player isn't smart enough to realize the importance of the fibre value in the tub and would instead probally try to makes some pads or a helmet out of it since they're all just big panzies who just cuz they can never hope to be as big and bad as though rough and tough rugby guys.

As far as how many shakes i incorporate into my day, i only try to take shakes when i need it. You see i'm in college and the cafes aren't always open.

As a rule, each real cafe meal,(which is about 4-5 times a day) i try to get in around 40-50g of protein in solid food each meal. More towards 50 though since i'm slowly easing into a cutting phase. Hard to get protein in at breakfast though because the only protein source they have is fucking shitty scrambled eggs that taste like shit, its hard for me to eat more then a half dozen of those nasty eggs, even though i know i should eat like 10 eggs, i'm thinking about just going back in the kitchen and just start cracking raw eggs in my mouth. Those bastards don't understand the fucking importance of me getting protein in the morning. I think i'll try to force feed them some of those eggs they cook and expect ppl to eat.

After my workouts i take in about 80g of whey spread out over the 2 hours after my workout. Of course in that 2 hours somewhere includes some type of solid meal. Can't leave out the cell-tech either.

If its been more then two hours since my last solid food meal i take 20g whey and immediately eat some food if i can, and if i can't get my hands on food(like late at night) then i'll take in about 15-20g of whey every hour until i go to sleep.

In the morning the first thing i do is drink my 20g of whey mixed with flaxseed oil. Then i take a shower and all that other shit u do in the morning and right before i go to eat breakfast i take in about 15-20g of protein. About a 1/2 hour between those two shakes.

So i think that should be plenty of protein, i don't think it should be too much. Hard to imagine that u could die from a protein OD but i don't doubt it. I don't see it being harder on your kidneys though then all those beer guzzling kids here at state that can't go a day without a few bruskies.
    Last edited by saboudian; 12-07-2002 at 11:34 PM.

Do you find it hard to to get that first meal of the day down? i used to almost gag on breakfast so what i done was i now wake up at 5:15am sit around for an hour then eat then off to work by 7:00.Where as i used to wake up at 6:00am and do all my shit by 7:00.hmmm maybe its just me LOL......HITMAN

Not too hard for me to get down the first meal, just that they have a pretty limited selection at breakfast. Just makes me mad cuz like i said the only solid protein they have are the nasty eggs and like u pointed out, protein shakes should only compliment your solid food and u shouldn't have to rely on the shakes.

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    Hmm actually you might be happy but i found someone dumber then you My friend did the same but for is costy cell tech for the first week.. So he did is loading with 2 scoop witch is the regular amount u need to take to maintain the loading..

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Lesson: Always read the label carefully no matter what you're taking.

A football player is too dumb to realize you have to turn the lid to the left to open the jug.

A rugger like myself has to go over to said football players house and show him how to do it.

Originally posted by Aguro
    Hmm actually you might be happy but i found someone dumber then you My friend did the same but for is costy cell tech for the first week.. So he did is loading with 2 scoop witch is the regular amount u need to take to maintain the loading..
    Actually your friend made a good mistake, i think most ppl here would agree that creatine loading is not necessary. In fact, 5g of creatine is all your body can process per day which u can get in with only 1 scoop of cell tech or a 1/2 serving. So by your friend "accidentally" not taking any more cell tech a day when loading was a good thing.

samoth is offline Member
    I've been eatin Optimum chocolate protein powder for like 5 years, and never seen it say "Serving size=3 scoops", its always been 1 serving-1scoop=22g protein, plus add the mike at 14g, and thats about 35g per shake for me.

newguy2003 is offline New Member
    hell yea never knew there were so many rugby players on this board....
    I eat 6 meals a day real healthy stuff, 2 protein shakes with some creatine and glutamine

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by saboudian
    Actually your friend made a good mistake, i think most ppl here would agree CREATINE loading is not necessary. In fact, 5g of CREATINE is all your body can process per day which u can get in with only 1 scoop of cell tech or a 1/2 serving. So by your friend "accidentally" not taking any more cell tech a day when loading was a good thing.
    I agree.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    C'mon guys........don't be bashing us football (or in my case ex-football) players. Yes we wear pads and helmets.......but I bruise so easily. LMAO!
    Besides.....don't us jocks have to stick together? Just so you don't beat up on me to much I did play rugby for a year or so in college along with football!

Thread Information