starscream is offline Associate Member
    So tonight I did my regular weekly grocery shopping and I noticed my local grocery store (Winco) has bulk whey and soy protein.

I bought a pound of the whey... At just over $10 a pound it's a bit cheaper than most of the big brands. I haven't tried it yet but I did lick a small bit off of my finger to see if it was flavored, it's not. So I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow... Im thinking some PB2 powdered peanut butter and a mashed up banana.... Or just throw some in my morning oats.

I was curious if anyone has used bulk protein powder like this and how it compairs to the Big sup company stuff..

Here is a picture of the label.. Maybe some of you supplement gurus can help out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bulk protein powder.-forumrunner_20130908_215116.jpg  

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    If all you want is straight, unflavoured whey then it's fine. If you want to pay for flavour (unflavoured doesn't taste of nothing, it's rank) and the addition of lots of amino's then you would be better buying a branded protein. I think you are fine with what you have bought. If you wanted to add specific amino's suitable to you and your goals then you can spend the money you save on those.

Personally I just look at protein content/type and value for money in a powder. But not unflavoured yuk
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

starscream is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the input! I definitely don't plan on using it without trying to flavor it up with things like peanut butter, fruit, vanilla extract, unsweetened cocoa powder etc. But I guess I will see how well it takes on the flavor.

I usually get all my protein just fine in my diet with foods anyway, but having some protein powder around for a quick shake or to use in cooking recipes would be nice.
    I will probably use it cooking more than in shakes. So as far as getting it to taste right, it's just going to be trial and error.

Thread Information