Thread: Creatine

heater is offline Junior Member

Creatine

First what is the difference between strait creatine and phosphogen. Also what is the best thing to take to help with explosive movements. Such as pitching. Last thing, has anybody heard anything about Creatine Edge Efferescent?

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Bro, there are countless threads on creatine around here...as wel l as in the educational threads. Do some research, and welcome to AR!

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heater
    First what is the difference between strait creatine and phosphogen. Also what is the best thing to take to help with explosive movements. Such as pitching. Last thing, has anybody heard anything about Creatine Edge Efferescent?
    phosphagen has a compund called 4-hydroxyisoleucine in it that's supposed to get the creatine to the muscles faster than just taking creatine itself and it's supposed to be more effective than simple sugars like dextrose.

The best thing for explosive movements is probably phosphates. Phosphates are bound together by the body to make Adinosin-tri-phosphate. That's what the body uses for energy that the muscles use in order to function. If you eat enough red meat, supplimenting creatine isn't going to do much of anything for you.

I've never heard of the Creatine Edge, but I hope that helps.

IronAdam is offline Member
    If you're talking about GNC's efervesent creatine, I've used it before and I like the clear version. Citrus tasting, no carbs, and 5g of creatine. As far as being effective, you'll notice your muscles will become harder, and it should help you force out a couple more reps with the same weight you use now if nothing else. If your diet is in shape and you're serious about your work outs, I think creatine would be a nice addition and should help you.

Thread Information