se11 is offline Associate Member

Need help boosting bi's

I need help for boosting bi's fast. Right now I work them 3X a week, doing 3-4 exercises. I'm thinking of doing them 4X a week and adding an exercise. I haven't been seeing very great results. Do you have any other ideas? Right now I do:

Incline Curls or EZ Bar Curls
    Seated Dumbell Curls
    -Either Hammers and negitaves or Heavy Dumbelss
    Standing Dumbell Curls(if I feel up to it)
    Concentration Curls

I was thinking about adding Zottman Curls or mabye something else. Anyone have any ideas to helping me get my bi's bigger faster?

bjayg is offline Member
    your overtraining imo.. 3 -4 times a week. thats way to much bro...once, twice a week at most. it's not a race to get big, think of it as marathon.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Your most likely doing WAY too much. I can only give you my experience here. My biceps only started to really explode when I started hitting them heavy, heavy, heavy on the seated curl machine I hit them for at least 4 heavy sets to absolute failure in the 4-6 rep range. Since starting that a few years back I've never looked back. I do them on which ever day I feel I'm strong, but then I'm pretty much an instinctive trainer, I'm not suggesting you should be too. It takes many years to know your body well enough to do that. But needless to say, if your hitting them hard and heavy once or twice a week should do. Consider hitting them for 2-3 sets after your back, and no more on that day. That should be a second workout as your main one shouldn't be on, or the day before your back.

Tribex is offline Associate Member
    Def hitting them way to much. Like bouncer said, it them heavy. 6 reps is good amount. And use SLOW strict form man. Thats key. Other thing, might not be how you train, but how you eat, check to make sure your diet is stacked up right.

qccat is offline Associate Member
    wow man, way too much is right. Do like these guys are saying....and maybe give them along with triceps a day of their own. It works for some people, b/c that day they are focussing on just arms. Make sure its at least 48 hours from when you trained chest or back though, b/c then you may be working back into that overtraining again

se11 is offline Associate Member
    k im gunna try 6 reps nd heavier weight tomm ill up everything 10-20 pounds nd do less reps. how many exercises/sets shud i do then?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    i get the best burn from heavy concentration curls. 6-10 reps, go very slow with a controlled motion. after 3 sets your bi's will be fried!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Try standing dumb bell curls, concentrated curls such as preacher and then maybe barbell curl or whatever else you like. 3 exercises is good per workout. Try doing tris between sets of bis. Push pull method will help your pump.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    What is that bar that goes over your stomache and then you rest your tris (arms) in the outside grooves while doing standing barbell curl. It keeps you from cheating and arching your shoulders and back because your arms stay in a fixed spot.????
    I want to get one of those. What is it???

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    What is that bar that goes over your stomache and then you rest your tris (arms) in the outside grooves while doing standing barbell curl. It keeps you from cheating and arching your shoulders and back because your arms stay in a fixed spot.????

yes i know that! we have one in our gym to prevent cheating and to help you have good form! man why did you have to remind me NOW IM BOTHERED please find out soon before i go nuts. hate forgetting stuff

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    About 20 years ago, yes I'm showing my age now!. They used to be marketed under different names, I remember armie promoting one particular brand. They were brilliant things, haven't seen them here in Ireland for years now.

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member
    It's the arm blaster i think

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Ive done bis 3 times a week, and they stopped growing. ONce in awhile thats ok, but its definitely OVERtraining.

qccat is offline Associate Member
    no more than 9 - 10 sets hard and heavy, once a week, maybe twice

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Listen too these guys they know there s*it. Dont forget to do your back as well. One muscle group complements the other

NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member
    Do your back workout then hit your bi's after it...do about 6-8 sets and try to hit them heavy...they will already be pre-exhausted from your back workout...do this for a couple months, then hit bi's (or bi's/tri's) on a day of their own....it would be best if you did this several days after your back workout....do this for a couple months and go back to the back/bi's workout, switching up your routine like this will prevent your muscles from getting used to the workout and will prevent plateau..

ALSO.......make sure you are getting proper rest and nutrition after your arm workouts...I made the fatal mistake of doing arms the end of the week when I go out, and instead of sleeping and eating, i would go out for the rest of the night get maybe 5 hours sleep and not really eat anything, just drank some alcohol but mostly water, however water isnt gonna do it, you need food!!!!!! I switched to hitting my back/bi's first thing in the week and im seeing an improvement already...hitting it in the beginning of the week ensures me that I am getting time to rest and eat

I am sticking with the back/bi's routine for the rest of the summer, until I start my next cycle, then arms are getting a day all by themselves

FLEX~Ottawa is offline Junior Member
    Yeah ur overtraining them once a week is perfect if u do them right And Heavy twice doesnt really hurt also. What ever u do make sure to take ur time and SLOW is the Key bring the weight up like u want but on ur way down take it easy SLOW u should see a diff and Result.

Heavy back work will do a lot more for your bi's then youd think. Next time your bulking stay heavy on the deads,pullups and rows.

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Make sure you are contracting the muscle and not just moving the weight. Flex the hell out of your bis in the peak contration. When I started doing this, I had to drop weight. Good growth though.

Thread Information