Thread: Chin splints

Little Girl is offline Female Member

Chins splints

Ever had them? What did you do to recover from it?
    The week before my last meet, I was feeling it was coming but I didn't know it was to do it at the meet! I was doing a 400lbs squat and on my way up I felt that my tibias were going to explode. The pain was horrible, I lost all my strenght and fell face first with the weight on my back... Wasn't pleasant to look!! Thanks to the spotters who save me! lol!

I put some ice on it the following week but now, even after a month I still can feel it when I'm walking. Any suggestions?

LG
    Last edited by Little Girl; 06-27-2004 at 10:55 AM.
    I don't beleive in luck, only work can bring us to reach the top!

pvgirl08 is offline Female Member
    I did track for years and we got them all the time. U need to do some dorsiflexion exercises. Some gyms have dorsi flex machines. otherwise use a backpack or weightvest or something and place it on your toes, hold it stable with your hand if you need to and lift your toes towards the ceiling. Will strengthen your tibialis anterior and should help the chin splints. Also when icing the trainer always froze water in little paper cups. Tear back the paper and rub up and down your chins. Suppose to be better than just placing ice on them. Hope this helps a litttle. Once you have them they take forever to go away.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Sorry, but WTF are CHIN splints???

Problems w/your face???

~SC~

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    shin splints spelt wrong

SaTyR is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    shin splints spelt wrong
    No seriously , what are shin splints ???

ttuPrincess Guest
    I got them bad when I ran track.. get big buckets of ice water, and place your legs in them up to the knees for 20 mins.. I know it sucks... then allow them to warm back up for about 10 mins and heat them with a heating pad for 20 mins.. repeat this cycle for now more then 4 times each day.. they should get better

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SaTyR
    No seriously , what are shin splints ???
    when one muscle is stronger then the other.. I think when your shin is stronger then your calf

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Ice, Ice, Ice and some more Ice. Get two huge bags of ice and just tape them around your shins and lay there with your legs elevated.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Being that you are a powerlifter, I would have a physiotherapist check you out just to be sure there is no underlying muscle or ligament problem.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Problems w/your face???

~SC~
    LG is french...she just mispelled shin bruh....

LG....i had them when I played football and we had to run the track...
    They were hell, and lasted for months...
    I eventually recovered because I went into off season, and didn't run at ALL...
    Rest worked for me, and I haven't had them since...
    Follow Chica's advice, and seek help from a physiotherapist...
    Good luck sweetie!

Homer 8 is offline Associate Member
    to be honest i dont think there is much u can do for them i play basketball and most of us suffer terrible with them were just told R.I.C.E rest, ice, circulation, and elevation which does jack shi.t in my opinion

Little Girl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Problems w/your face???
    ~SC~

sorry, I'm a French girl! Would you prefer me to tell you that I had une périarthrite, peux-être que tu comprendrais mieux, épais!

Thanks all the the suggestions...

LG
    I don't beleive in luck, only work can bring us to reach the top!

gerry619 is offline New Member
    I believe you have stress fractures. shin splints would not hurt that much making you lose strength. shin splints usually hurt before and after the stressful activity. for example, you run a couple miles just fine, you stop, and boy , bring on the pain. a stress fracture, which is what a shin split will become if not treated, is what the name implies. your very thin and small shin muscles were stress so much over the bone that they actually caused the bone to fracture. Go see a doctor and perhaps a physical therapist. it can actually become something very serious. as for now, don't stress the muscle too much. walk, no run. no leg lifts. stratch before any physical activity, and I mean stretch for 15 - 20 minutes. put your toes on the edge of a staircase, and lift your body weight on your toes only.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Girl
    sorry, I'm a French girl! Would you prefer me to tell you that I had une périarthrite, peux-être que tu comprendrais mieux, épais!

Thanks all the the suggestions...

LG
    I had your back LG lol...

Thread Information