how much cardio is too much?

im finished bulking now and i need to get cut deep now. I've upped my cardio to 1 hour 6 days a week 1st thing in the morning. Would adding another 30-45 min like EO night bee overkill, or would it speed things up. I wanna get cut as fast as possible, but i dont want to lose muscle.....please help.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I think adding more would be over-kill at this point. You should be able to do 45 mins 6-7 days per week a.m., and let your diet handle the rest. Cutting too quickly will leave you flat, over-trained, and losing lean muscle tissue.

~SC~

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    You could knock it back to 4 days and do 45 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night. This would be comparable to 8 sessions of cardio. But if you do this your body will need more rest time. I put a lady on this type of cardio...she is 42...and a good diet...and she lost 20 lbs in 3 months....with no aas. From 140 to 120...now she be looking good....hmmmmmm... bow wow

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    I've found for myself that in most cases there is no such thing as overtraining---only undereating.

This same rule applies to cardio for me. I do HIIT cardio...if you're going to double session try and do them as close to 12 hours apart as possible. If you're catabolizing muscle too quick on this regime then I WOULD ADD MORE PROTEIN / L-GLUTA...Time the nutrient delivery to always have rising blood amino levels and muscle loss should be minimal. And as with most cut diets keep the carbs low.

But either way if I'm doing that much cardio the hormone changing properties associated with HIIT make me lose B/F. I still think the quickest way to lose B/F is through ketosis however.

Thread Information