Bigkatz is offline Associate Member

workout log book

i was wondering what kinda if you guys keep in you log book, ie. days, muscles, sets, ect.

just give me some feedback on what you book looks like.

thanks.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    its simple. I just log the date, muscle group worked and working sets. dont bother logging your warm up sets or any of that bull. just keep track of how much you're lifting, exercises, and try to beat it next time. It helps me so much and I hardly ever see any dudes in the gym doing it, I dont understand that.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i log everything, reps, amount, i also keep a diet log, everything i eat and drink. calculate it ever night before bed..

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I have always just recorded the date, what exercises I did, what weights and how many reps. I got the FitDay program on my comp recently to record my diet while cutting, its pretty sweet.

StevePJC is offline Member
    I bought the Fit Day program also when I started my diet. Thing runs and looks like Quicken if you ask me. Very helpful.

and what about cardio. do you log runs or bikes and times and heart rates. or is that being to anal?

the diet is something that i had not thought to log but i can see where it would come in handy if for nothing else just the fact that if you fall off the wagon you would have to write it down as a constant reminder and that might motivate you to work harder.

thanks for the input fellas.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I run the same circut around my neighbor hood and try to keep it about 14 min to keep me running not too fast to keep my heart rate lower. The first time I ran it in 12min. During the school year its too hard to log every PT session, too early and delerious by the end.

StevePJC is offline Member
    When I bike I take my GPS handheld with me and log distance and approximate time. For the treadmill I'll log the displayed distance. Me personally I'm being as anal as possible tracking progress and declines in different areas. Like if I sayed at 8% on the treadmill for 9 minutes at 4mph and the next week I'll try 10% for 10 minutes. That and I've had alot of concussions in my adult life and I forget **** at the drop of a hat.

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Just the basics, type of excersise, weight, date, reps, sets etc...monitor it and be sure you're slightly incresing your weight weekly/and changing up your excersises...watch yourself grow.

MrDezel is offline Banned
    I have had a "Dear Diary" ever since I started lifting back in the day. It has really helped me out to push my self to do more weight or atleast more reps next time I do the exercises.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Date, time started, time finished, movement, load, sets, reps, intensity (1-10; how difficult it was)... and pics of my head superimposed on Dorian Yates body

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Date, time started, time finished, movement, load, sets, reps, intensity (1-10; how difficult it was)... and pics of my head superimposed on Dorian Yates body

Does Dorian know that you are usng his likeness?

lol. well at least you arent 5' 8" and about 400lbs.

Thread Information