Thread: Bicep width

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member

Bicep width

What excercises gives bicep width?

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Its going to depend on your genetics how your biceps grow. You can buld a muscle but you cant shape it.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Although genetics plays a role in bicep separation(inner,outer head) you can shape muscells. So I have to respectively disagree with Prime. Width is mass therefore straight bar curls is the granddaddy of bi's. You can use the ez/preacher curl bar to minimize wrist strain. Close grip hits outer, wide grip hits inner..

Beernutz is offline Member
    hammer curls

hammer curls are primary for the brachs gripping in the supinated hand grip(reversed)

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    You can shape your muscles, thats why we have exercises that are called shaping exercises. You can't take your shaping beyond your genetic potential is what prime was trying to say, i think.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Hammer curls help, but only to an extent. I have decent size arms, but my arms are not wide unfortunately.

Beernutz is offline Member
    you can shape muslces but only to a certain extent...if you have short biceps theyll stay short but you can better shape it to make it look the best it can but once again only to a certain extent.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    I totally disagree guys you can't shape a muscle, if you could then im sure milos sarcev would have been walking around onstage with better peaked biceps etc. If you mean targeting one head of the bicep rather then the other then sure you can do that, but you cant say, "get more peaked or get wider" its going to grow how its naturally designed to. Look at a selection of pro bb's, they all have very different bicep shapes. To divide exercises into muscle builders and shapers is also a little silly in my mind.
    Lets take the chest for example. The pectorals are made up of the pectoral major and minor. If you ever look at a ripped bodybuilder you will notice that the striations that run across his chest run horizontally, not vertically. This is because the muscle fibres only run horizontally. Now sure you can "shape your chest" in terms of upper or lower pectoral mass, but working inner or outer chest is all a myth. Same goes for biceps. Exercises for building a peak or for building the lower bicep or upper bicep are all in essence wrong in their discription.
    I respect youre ideas gentlemen but i have to disagree with them.

there is no lower/ upper bicep. Inner & outer. At any rate , when it comes to biceps training if it works for you great. Its the end result that matters.

More Power is offline New Member
    Heavy barbell curls. 5 x 5

Thread Information