Twiggy is offline New Member

Bulking Split -- How does this look?

I'm starting a new bulking split and wanted some feedback. I've been seriously training for 3 years. I'll be starting a cycle of s1+ at the same time I start this split.

Monday: Chest & Tri
    Bench Press - 5 sets
    Dumbell Fly - 3 sets
    Weighted Dips - 3 sets
    French Press - 3 sets

Tuesday: Back & Bi
    Barbell Rows - 5 sets
    Weighted Chins - 3 sets
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets
    Concentration Curls - 2 sets

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Legs
    Squats - 5 sets
    Leg Press - 3 sets
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 4 sets
    Hamstring Curls - 2 sets
    Standing Calf Raise - 3 sets

Friday: Shoulders
    Barbell Military Press - 5 sets
    Dumbell Press - 3 sets
    Upright Rows - 3 sets
    Bent Over Dumbell Lat Raises - 3 sets

Saturday: Off
    Sunday: Off

I'll do this for 6 weeks and then change things up. Let me know what you think.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    hey dude i was wondering bout that S1+ stuff read my thread "m1t stack with S1+?????"

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    No shrugs?

MakersMark is offline New Member
    *Bump* for more of the experienced bros to comment on this work out plan...mine looks a lot like this one and just wanted to think what ya'll thought...

MakersMark is offline New Member
    *bump

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Its not all that bad but you don’t need 5 sets or ever first exorcise, unless your counting 2 warm ups in there. You probably don’t wanan do back and bis chest with tris. The reason being is that you secondary muscles tris on chest day bis on back day will get over worked b.c your using them for the major muscles excursive. If anything do chest and bis back and tris. The will get over worked fast the way you had it and then wont grow all that much.

6plates is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock191
    Its not all that bad but you don’t need 5 sets or ever first exorcise, unless your counting 2 warm ups in there. You probably don’t wanan do back and bis chest with tris. The reason being is that you secondary muscles tris on chest day bis on back day will get over worked b.c your using them for the major muscles excursive. If anything do chest and bis back and tris. The will get over worked fast the way you had it and then wont grow all that much.

im not knockin your advice, but do your push excercises on your push days, and your pull excercises on your pull days bro. working tris with back is a bad idea. the idea is to strengthen your overall muscle base around the excercise that is beeing performed, even if it pre-exhausts your bicep before you actually work your biceps out, work them out anyways, that way your back and your bicep will grow equally. and also, if your gonna work chest/bi on monday, and you wanna do a hard back workout the next day, its gonna be somewhat annoying to have your biceps sore which will inturn hinder your back workout the next day, you get what im saying.

your routine looks decent how it is though.

try doing only 4 sets on each excercise though

where are your deadlifts? deadlifts will build back thickness better than any row you can think of doing bro, dont skip them.

try adding another push excercise to your chest routine. i see youve hit barbell bench, then you go automatically to flies. try doing atleast 8 sets worth of press excercises before hitting your flies up. flies do a good job of building the overall muscle, but presses develop the thickness better than flies, so try and add some more.

on shoulder day, theres really no need to do 2 variations of pressing excercises. instead of doing both of these in 1 shoulder session, alternate them on a weekly basis, for example, if you do dumbell presses this week, do militarys next week, get whut im saying? doing 8 sets worth of presses is gonna tax your rotor cuff pretty badly. just do 4 heavy sets of military's or dumbells.

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6plates
    im not knockin your advice, but do your push excercises on your push days, and your pull excercises on your pull days bro. working tris with back is a bad idea. the idea is to strengthen your overall muscle base around the excercise that is beeing performed, even if it pre-exhausts your bicep before you actually work your biceps out, work them out anyways, that way your back and your bicep will grow equally. and also, if your gonna work chest/bi on monday, and you wanna do a hard back workout the next day, its gonna be somewhat annoying to have your biceps sore which will inturn hinder your back workout the next day, you get what im saying.

your routine looks decent how it is though.

try doing only 4 sets on each excercise though

where are your deadlifts? deadlifts will build back thickness better than any row you can think of doing bro, dont skip them.

try adding another push excercise to your chest routine. i see youve hit barbell bench, then you go automatically to flies. try doing atleast 8 sets worth of press excercises before hitting your flies up. flies do a good job of building the overall muscle, but presses develop the thickness better than flies, so try and add some more.

on shoulder day, theres really no need to do 2 variations of pressing excercises. instead of doing both of these in 1 shoulder session, alternate them on a weekly basis, for example, if you do dumbell presses this week, do militarys next week, get whut im saying? doing 8 sets worth of presses is gonna tax your rotor cuff pretty badly. just do 4 heavy sets of military's or dumbells.

I know what works for me and doing push with push and pull with pull doesnt work for me.. I was doing chest and tri back with bi for ever and my tris always stayed the same size once I changed it up to actually just an arm day not working then with nething the grew and the grew alot. So for me thats what is best. May not work for other people but it is always an option.

Thread Information