brooklynthug22 is offline New Member

Unhappy help me muscles different sizes

Hey guys i just noticed this problem about a year ago and i believe i have corrected it a little but any advice would be wonderful. I have certain muscles that are not as big as others such as my right pec is alot smaller then the left one it is under developed in the outer inner and lower region. im pretty sure it was do to bad form when i first started lifting. I was told to just concentrate on form and that the problem would correct it self. which i have been doing but when i do chest exercises my right peck doesnt get real pumped like my left it doesnt feel like its getting a good workout. i also have the same problem with my right tricep. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanx.

balrstatus is offline New Member
    I too have experienced this problem in my back. One lat is substancialy bigger than the other. If any senoir members could reply on this it would help me out as well.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Do more reps or an extra set with the weak muscles using dumbells. That's how Arnold did it. He had a half inch difference between his calves until he started doing single leg calf work outs.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    I dont really believe in extra reps or sets through personal experience. what i did was go all out on my right (strong side) and use forced reps and rest pauses to catch up in reps to the right side. every unilateral excersize i do, i make sure that both sides get the SAME number of reps. dont hold back on your strong side. i think that extra sets and reps (more than your strong side) could lead to overtraining.

brooklynthug22 is offline New Member
    so i should just try concentrating on my weak peck? what about doing flys or dumbbell preses with different weights like 45 for strong pec and 75 for week one? I am also kinda worried that my strong pac will just keep getting stronger and my week one wont catch up.
    Last edited by brooklynthug22; 10-07-2004 at 04:13 PM.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by brooklynthug22
    so i should just try concentrating on my weak peck? what about doing flys or dumbbell preses with different weights like 45 for strong pec and 75 for week one? I am also kinda worried that my strong pac will just keep getting stronger and my week one wont catch up.
    no no no!!! about the 45 and 75. just use same dumbells and the your body will correct the problem. DO NOT HOLD BACK on your strong side. use forced reps and rest pauses to catch up on reps to your strong side. thats what i did and i am now pretty symetrical. my chest and shoulders are perfect. my bis and tris are off by about 1 rep. which is pretty good.

Thread Information