Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member

OUCH! Joint pain....

Today was arms day, and like usual i started off my set. I really pushed myself on my first exercise, straight barbell curl. I went all out, and it felt great. Started doing skull crushers, and my left elbow kinda hurt a little, well, something in the left elbow region hurt.

Got worse and worse as my workout went on, so i stopped on the 4th exercise for fear of injury.

I have never had any joint pain before. Is it because i pushed myself real hard on the bicep exercise that i strained something?

Any help would be appreciated, this sucks....

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    same thing happened to me thats y i am taking a break from skull crushers it also happened with my shoulder if ur not taking glucosimine u might wanna look into that after a few days on it i could already tell a difference good luck bro joint pain sucks

morfeuss is offline Junior Member
    hehe, glucosamine is not a miracle , its usefull for joints but on a long term, but still by 1 week you will feel that the joints are lubrificated....

in your case i guess that when you lowered the bar it went a bit too low for your elbow, which strained teh cartilage...

eh im olympic weightlifter, so maby im wrong......

well you should apply ice regularly on the elboq....3 times a day....
    apply ice only on teh elbow, never put ice in teh interior part, that is at the top of the fore arm...

now try to lower the strains on teh elbow.... the ice will help....this will take 1.5 - 2 weeks.

you can take some anti-inflamatory pills..... but it will stop teh pain, do not force on it during the medication effect

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla
    Today was arms day, and like usual i started off my set. I really pushed myself on my first exercise, straight barbell curl. I went all out, and it felt great. Started doing skull crushers, and my left elbow kinda hurt a little, well, something in the left elbow region hurt.

Got worse and worse as my workout went on, so i stopped on the 4th exercise for fear of injury.

I have never had any joint pain before. Is it because i pushed myself real hard on the bicep exercise that i strained something?

Any help would be appreciated, this sucks....
    Does it still hurt now that you are done your workout? I am never doing skull crushers again, I found that they strain a lot through the elbow.. If it hurts still, take a couple days off and see if the pain subsides, could be tendon strain...

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morfeuss
    hehe, glucosamine is not a miracle , its usefull for joints but on a long term, but still by 1 week you will feel that the joints are lubrificated....

in your case i guess that when you lowered the bar it went a bit too low for your elbow, which strained teh cartilage...

eh im olympic weightlifter, so maby im wrong......

well you should apply ice regularly on the elboq....3 times a day....
    apply ice only on teh elbow, never put ice in teh interior part, that is at the top of the fore arm...

now try to lower the strains on teh elbow.... the ice will help....this will take 1.5 - 2 weeks.

you can take some anti-inflamatory pills..... but it will stop teh pain, do not force on it during the medication effect
    Ice only usually helps at the immediate time of injury, also if it is swollen at all I would suggest not taking anything for a while, swelling is part of the natural healing process, let it happen. but yea as he said don't push it while on anything

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Good chance it might be a form of tendinitis......

Hed
    Doesnt hurt at all now, pain subsided about 2 hours after i stopped the workouts. No swelling, no pain, i can sorta feel someting in the elbow, but i cant tell if its a tendon or joint.

I think i just got ballsy, cause i upped the weight on the skull crushers. That first one is always killer on me, and that may have torn a tendon a little bit. Ill stay off putting stress on it for a bit, and wont go balls to the wall on crushers anymore.

Thanks for the help guys.

skinnykid is offline New Member
    glucosamine,,,stock up on it,,take some deca that'll solve your prob too i have had that prob ,,u get strong on gear so fast that your joints cant keep up from what i understand when u get off and u lose all that water lubricaten your joints

Hed
    Aite, bought 140 capsules today of 500mg Glucosamine/500mg MSM

It says take 2 per day, and that gives you 500mg of each?

Good enough dose, or up it?

Thread Information