Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member

Tested out the "Swole" Bicep Blaster....

Well, I tested out the swolecat bicep blaster as i call it today. My arms hurting like never before or atleast in a long while. I used to do a bicep/ tricep superset of 10 exercises alternating 1 bicep, 1 tricep back and forth for 10 total exercises and it added alot to my arms but after a while i hit a plateau. I switched to chest/bicep and back tricep for a few weeks with not much progress. So i decided to try out swoles bicep workout. Here is the main parts to it...

"originally posted by swolecat"
    "Leave the "fancy-schmancy" concentration curls, tricep kickbacks, leg extensions, etc., for later on during your cut down phase before pictures or a show. Utilize only a few sets of these "assistor" muscles, and torch them then leave them alone. Do not do 12 sets of biceps to try to get 20 inch arms, eat correctly, DEAD/SQUAT/ROW/BENCH your (__!__) off, and you need only hit the biceps with 5-6 all out sets per WEEK! Not any pansy movements either.........3 sets of HAMMERS curls done straight up and down by your sides, and 3 sets of STRAIGHT BAR curls, no cheating check your ego @ the door, going all the way down to the bottom and concentrating on hitting the bicep from the bottom of the movement, all the way to the top. Swinging the weight up does nothing to build muscle, as momentum doesn't stimulate muscle fiber. 2 warm-up sets should be done before the first bicep all-out set, but don't wear yourself out before the real work begins.

Two things here. You must really TORCH your biceps in these 6 sets. Those who can do 12-15 sets of biceps are not utilizing this TORCHING technique. Find the true failure weight for the exercises, and use a 3 second lowering, 2 second contraction WITH a nice static hold/squeeze at the top (peak) of the movement. If you are not more sore than Angeil Veil takin' it anally w/ no Vaseline, you are not doing the movements correctly. "

Let me tell you that my veins are popping out of my arms and i could barely lower them after 1 set. They are torched to say the least. The 3 second negative is just torture. I usually do preachers with 90lbs. I struggled with 70lbs today. So i know i was doing the correctly. Thanks for the "free" info swole. you should really be charging for this sh1t.
    Mike

BTW...for more info here is the original link..

Today's "OBVIOUS" training reminder!!

marcus_arillius is offline Junior Member
    Fat mike do u think or does anyone else think that swole cat"s idea of training the pairs for gh stimulation a good program for coming off a 13 week prop, eq. winny(during pct) cycle. Some say that working a bodypart once a week is the the best for coming off of gear?????????????

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a go at it but my arms were fu*ked only a quater of the way into the routine. What I think I will do though is set 1 day aside to do it so Im not tired from any other exersizes. Good stuff though, this dude knows his sh1t

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_arillius
    Fat mike do u think or does anyone else think that swole cat"s idea of training the pairs for gh stimulation a good program for coming off a 13 week prop, eq. winny(during pct) cycle. Some say that working a bodypart once a week is the the best for coming off of gear?????????????
    I'm not sure if this workout is better for someone coming off gear or not? I just got off myself and it making my arms swole. I'm 100% positive that this routine will shock your arms in to growth. I also think that if you stay with it over time you'll plateau like any other repetitve exercise and you'll have to switch it up and then go back to it. i could be wrong though. i'm sure he'll chime in on this and if not shoot him a PM. I dedicate 1 day to this only and then i throw in abs into it. I warm up with some close grip pull ups to heat up my arms. I could never do back and this same day. atleast not yet. its bad enough usually curl 90lb straight bar and i had to drop to 70 to complete these exercises.

marcus_arillius is offline Junior Member
    thanks FAT MIKE, I think Im going to try it out. I need to change it up anyway, the program seems to fall into the routine of coming off, my only question is should i work one bady part a week and work on only one part a day, rather then two a day, once a week.
    well if anyone has any feed on that comment, love to hear from ya.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_arillius
    thanks FAT MIKE, I think Im going to try it out. I need to change it up anyway, the program seems to fall into the routine of coming off, my only question is should i work one bady part a week and work on only one part a day, rather then two a day, once a week.
    well if anyone has any feed on that comment, love to hear from ya.
    I do 1 body part except i do tricep and chest same day. here is the spilt i use myself. Swole says you can do back and bi same day but i find it very hard at my level.

monday-chest/ triceps
    tuesday- biceps forearms/ abs
    wed- off
    thursday - shoulders
    friday-back
    saturday-off
    sunday- legs

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    I do 1 body part except i do tricep and chest same day. here is the spilt i use myself. Swole says you can do back and bi same day but i find it very hard at my level.

monday-chest/ triceps
    tuesday- biceps forearms/ abs
    wed- off
    thursday - shoulders
    friday-back
    saturday-off
    sunday- legs
    sorry, maybe I missed it, but how many reps do you do for bi's on each set?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    sorry, maybe I missed it, but how many reps do you do for bi's on each set?

thx

Under swoles routine i dont know what is right. I was going to post the same question. i did 8 reps, 6 reps, 4 reps. They were so fried even with a 3-5 minute break in between and i didnt even do back 1st. I just did 2 pull up sets of 8-10 to warm up.I could use an explanation to this as I dont understand fully and want to make sure i am doing it right too.

Originally posted by SWOLECAT..
    "Two things here. You must really TORCH your biceps in these 6 sets. Those who can do 12-15 sets of biceps are not utilizing this TORCHING technique. Find the true failure weight for the exercises, and use a 3 second lowering, 2 second contraction WITH a nice static hold/squeeze at the top (peak) of the movement. If you are not more sore than Angeil Veil takin' it anally w/ no Vaseline, you are not doing the movements correctly. "

What does tru failure weight mean and how many reps should you be doing each set. if 8 reps, 6 reps, 4 reps isnt right i need to drop the weight down.

thanks,
    Mike

mentalmatt is offline New Member
    It sounds to me like you're doing it right. Your last 1 to 2 reps of each set should be complete and utter failure. Meaning you can not physically pull the weight all the way up to complete a full rep, but you want to hold your failure as far up as you can for 1 - 2 seconds... pushing HAAARD that 1 - 2 seconds.

From what i remember you should be trying to get 6 - 8 reps per set, last 1 - 2 being failure. Start with biggest weight first set and i tend to drop it 5lbs on each consecuetive set. And always get those warmup sets in first. And stretch after your sets... If your bicepts don't hurt in the morning, you did it wrong.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    had to try it right when i started bring home a ton of stress = less time in gym.
    Not to sound like a dog or not but i dont think im going to hit failer ill get to the point where lower bis and elbows are burning. Though i hit a moment where i couldnt lift my arms im still ready to go a few hours later.
    I get a ton of excersise on the job and im definatly confusing it with failer and overtraining to get to failer with weights.

Im definatly going to give this a try for alot longer and when i get more gym time per week.

BIG D14 is offline Junior Member
    this works my biceps felt aswome after that

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Glad you liked it Mike, and BIG D14 as well.

That's the point of it all!

~SC~

ScooterBoy is offline Junior Member
    I was suprised how much better my arms have felt eversince I started doing them. Use to swing up 135+ on barbell curls and just drop em down. Now I do around 95 give or take 10lbs controlling the weight. And get such a better workout. Training in that area took a complete 180 thanks swolecat.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You are more than welcome!

Eventually, that 135 is going to feel REALLY light, and you'll be able to lift that far easier as well.

~SC~

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    My bis have made great gains since I stated training this way.. Just awsome I have gained about a half inch since the begining of feb

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    **** im gonna have to give that a try. Thanks

jazzkiller34 is offline New Member
    did anyone figure out how many reps for each set, or is just keep going till you can't no more?

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    I had bicept curls in mind from the start as a never stop thing only thing wrong is i couldnt figure out a arm routine to go with them so i dropped them for a few weeks.

Enjoying every minute of what SC pointed out bis arent bigger but the peak on top is alot pointier bulgier .

eljeffe is offline Junior Member
    I have always done this routine, glad to hear SC endorses it, your bi's are so small compared to the rest of the body it only makes sence to train them less and you might as well do compound lifts if you are only doing 6 sets, it turns out lifting is not rocketscience.

damn boy return from the dead... a throwback post!!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    well ill jump on the bump bandwagon..i did this tonight and my biceps are dead

Thread Information