xenithon is offline Member

Question Splitting Up Leg Workouts??

I wanted to know if anyone here SPLIT UP their LEGS training? I always find it unbalanced working ALL of legs in one day. It is quite a lot more than other training days, in terms of time at the gym, energy expended etc.

My current split is:

-Chest/Tris/Abs
    -Legs
    -Off
    -Back/Bis
    -Shoulder/Abs
    -Weekend Off

I have been looking around for a while for splits that do parts of the legs on different days and have found the following and wondering which you think are decent splits:

-Quads/Calves/Abs
    -Chest/Shoulders
    -Off
    -Back/Hams
    -Bis/Tris/Abs
    -Weekend Off

-Quads/Calves/Abs
    -Chest/Bis
    -Off
    -Back/Hams
    -Shoulders/Tris/Abs
    -Weekend Off

Thanks and Cheers,
    X

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i tried it a few times and didnt like it. i prefer doing my legs at once and having my legs being loose the whole time during my workout.
    do you do barbell squats??? if you go down far enough it works your hams too.

if it works for you then do it.

goodluck mate!

xenithon is offline Member
    Do I do squats? What's a leg workout without squats ??

Yeah I agree with you. I guess it is the same argument between working synergistic muscle like chest and tris, back and bis etc. or separating them. I have seen a number of workout which keep quads and hams together but do calves separately (seems logical, since after doing quads, inclduing squats, and hams including stiff-leg deadlift, I am totally beat and the calf training can suffer). Normally I see calves put together with a smaller muscle group like shoulders.

X

OldSchoolLifter is offline Junior Member
    I like to do my legs together since I go so deep and heavy with my squats that it really hits my hams. For isolation on the hams though I really only do lying leg curls since I'm pretty dead to try and do some stiff legged deads.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    Do I do squats? What's a leg workout without squats ??

Yeah I agree with you. I guess it is the same argument between working synergistic muscle like chest and tris, back and bis etc. or separating them. I have seen a number of workout which keep quads and hams together but do calves separately (seems logical, since after doing quads, inclduing squats, and hams including stiff-leg deadlift, I am totally beat and the calf training can suffer). Normally I see calves put together with a smaller muscle group like shoulders.

X

yeah. do whatever you feel comfortable with.

goodluck mate!

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    I wanted to know if anyone here SPLIT UP their LEGS training? I always find it unbalanced working ALL of legs in one day. It is quite a lot more than other training days, in terms of time at the gym, energy expended etc.

My current split is:

-Chest/Tris/Abs
    -Legs
    -Off
    -Back/Bis
    -Shoulder/Abs
    -Weekend Off

I have been looking around for a while for splits that do parts of the legs on different days and have found the following and wondering which you think are decent splits:

-Quads/Calves/Abs
    -Chest/Shoulders
    -Off
    -Back/Hams
    -Bis/Tris/Abs
    -Weekend Off

-Quads/Calves/Abs
    -Chest/Bis
    -Off
    -Back/Hams
    -Shoulders/Tris/Abs
    -Weekend Off

Thanks and Cheers,
    X

#1 is what im doing except i have a 5 day split with shoulders on wednesday. Since ive been doing this split my legs have grown particularly my hams.

Thread Information