Thread: Advice needed

gya321 is offline Member

Advice needed

Do you think its alright to hit the weights, do cardio and then have a shake? Or is it missing that golden opportunity when the bodys in need of nutrients. Do any of you do it this way?

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    They say the window of opportunity is 60 minutes after youre done training with weights. I have a shake right when I'm done, I bring it with me and just fill it with water, then go home and eat soon after. I have to really pack in the calories to grow though.
    It all depends on your goals I would say. If you trying to put on mass, I would minimize the cardio and have your shake asap. Or just do it on seperate days. I have a lof of time today, so I did legs this morning and I'm gonna do some cardio right now.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why are you doing the cardio? If it's for fat loss and to stay lean, then slamming a PWO shake immediately after (as you most certainly have to as you weight trained) would blunt all lipolysis and cease fat burning and make that cardio pretty pointless. Especially considering you are slamming down simple carbs and isolate (ideally) and are now doing so a good deal of time AFTER the anerobic activity (weights) ceased. You not only screw w/the best time to have a pwo shake, you do cardio which will yield no real benefit to you at all being that you slam a very high kcal/gi drink after.

Seperate aerobic activity from anaerobic activity and eat for those activities for best results.

~SC~

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    There you go, you heard it from the expert...thanks SC from me too!

gya321 is offline Member
    Thanks SC and Juddman for the responses and yes Im doing the cardio for fat loss.

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    i was going to give u some advice but after reading swoles response...thats all u need lol...enough said

Thread Information