Thread: upper chest

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

upper chest

ok im trying to build my upper chest and have narrowed it down to 2 routines but can't decided and i would only like one superior to start off with until i max it out so here's the 2...

1st:
    incline bench
    incline db press
    vertical hammer strength

2nd:
    incline bench
    flat dumbell press
    incline hammer strength

*all exercises are 3 sets of 4-6 reps! so what do you guys think??

Both are absolutly terrible IMO. If I had to pick one, I'd say the 2nd, at least you hit up some form of flat bench. What about flies? And also 9 sets for chest is too little. I know some people disagree with that, but chest is a huge muscle, i feel like you have to get at least 15 sets to work it to its full potential without overtraining.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you do one incline movement, you don't need another one as that is just repetition.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If you do one incline movement, you don't need another one as that is just repetition.

~SC~
    can you give me an example of a routine to prioritize upper chest then???

I'd do flat bench d-bells as heavy as you can first, that will blast your entire chest top to bottom, and the range of motion with d-bells is far better than that of barbells. You also have to use all of the stabilizer muscles! (use a 6-8 rep range here)

Next, I'd do 4 sets or so of pre-exhaust incline presses. Pre-exhaust your pecs w/flies or cable crossovers, then IMMEDIATELY run over to the incline bench using d-bells again, or incline hammer strength works good for this, and complete one set there (8-10 reps is good) Do these super-sets 4 times for that upper chest, after you do 4 sets of heavy flat presses first.

Don't neglect the pwo meals either or your diet at all for that matter, or it won't matter what you do in the gym.

~SC~

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    I'd do flat bench d-bells as heavy as you can first, that will blast your entire chest top to bottom, and the range of motion with d-bells is far better than that of barbells. You also have to use all of the stabilizer muscles! (use a 6-8 rep range here)

Next, I'd do 4 sets or so of pre-exhaust incline presses. Pre-exhaust your pecs w/flies or cable crossovers, then IMMEDIATELY run over to the incline bench using d-bells again, or incline hammer strength works good for this, and complete one set there (8-10 reps is good) Do these super-sets 4 times for that upper chest, after you do 4 sets of heavy flat presses first.

Don't neglect the pwo meals either or your diet at all for that matter, or it won't matter what you do in the gym.

~SC~
    listen to the man

~SC~
    thanks for the info ill give her a go for sure!

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

~SC~
    Was wondering if thats all u do , only 3 on flat then 4 sets of the superset on icline, you do ne other exercises?

what about something like this,because im not too crazy about supersets...

inlcine bench
    flat dumbell press
    incline dumbell flyes
    cables

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey swolecat, Ive actually been looking for a better chest routine to cutup my chest, not really concerned or care about strength(flat bench n strength exercises) , is the superset the best way to cut it up?

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    what about something like this,because im not too crazy about supersets...
    You asked what I thought to be the best to help you w/that bodypart, so I gave you what I thought.

I'm not crazy about squats either myself, or deads, but I do them because I know they will work.

Do as you wish.

~SC~

You asked what I thought to be the best to help you w/that bodypart, so I gave you what I thought.

I'm not crazy about squats either myself, or deads, but I do them because I know they will work.

Do as you wish.

~SC~

very good point! ill take your advice! thanks swole!

Thread Information