Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Triple X is offline Banned
    Rake:
    WTF? Why did you bump a thread that is over a year old? Come on man, this is no example for the newbs.

tightprop is offline New Member
    my shoulder workouts have varied alot over the past years, but i've found myself settling on having 1 standing press of some sort at all times, i alternate between standing overhead, push press to the front, and push press to the rear... as seen here http://forum.athletes.com/fitshow/week28/week28lg.htm

I find the push press to the rear enables me to do behind the head presses (which hit my side delts and rears really nicely) because it provides momentum to carry the bar past what would be the dangerous point for rotator cuffs. (the 6-7in behind the neck from off the traps).

I totally agree that strict behind the head motions suck alot and i always burn out with 3-4 sets of dumbells after my push press or overhead sets. Hope this helps provide more options if thats what you were looking for.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    very neat stuff mob

2bshredded is offline Member
    I go behind the neck with the Smith machine, done it for years....no shoulder problems here. Everyone is different, if it doesn't feel right don't do it.

Tommy Boy is offline Junior Member
    Behind the neck !!! Just go down to ears, the top of ears, 90 degrees... like >>> l_O_l, not l/O\l then blast up. You get front delts doing front military. Any BP excercise gets the front delts . GO BEHIND THE NECK, BUT ONLY TO YOUR EARS. Your shoulders will fugging broaden out like a fat lady's ass! You won't get hurt if you do it this way... PROMISE. Follow up with seated DB side raises super set style... 30,40,50,60. Go to failure.Go ask Ronnie.
    AAAAAAAAHHHHHH the pain !!! GGRRRRR!
    It's straight up and down . Fronts , you can FU your back by leaning back, plus you don't have to worry about your chin, nose forehead getting in the way... LEMMINGS !!!

Tommy Boy is offline Junior Member
    Behind the neck !!! Just go down to ears, the top of ears, 90 degrees... like >>> l_O_l, not l/O\l then blast up. You get front delts doing front military. Any BP excercise gets the front delts . GO BEHIND THE NECK, BUT ONLY TO YOUR EARS. Your shoulders will fugging broaden out like a fat lady's ass! You won't get hurt if you do it this way... PROMISE. Follow up with seated DB side raises super set style... 30,40,50,60. Go to failure.Go ask Ronnie.
    AAAAAAAAHHHHHH the pain !!! GGRRRRR!
    It's straight up and down . Fronts , you can FU your back by leaning back, plus you don't have to worry about your chin, nose forehead getting in the way... LEMMINGS !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information