illuzions is offline Associate Member

Question Good Exercises for a Hard, Defined, Cut Chest?

whats up guys...ok well im on my winny/fina cycle( bout half way through)...coming along great....getting cut, and not loosing much mass...one and only one damn f$$king problem... CHEST>>>>it suxxx...its coming along, but it definitly needs work...and i always work it hard as hell in the gym..any exercises i can do or routines that will make it more defined as the rest of my body is...any suggestions or comments are great..and oh yea i went to a PT and he told me to do this negative stuff on a smith machine...i dunno..reps/sets...throw me something good.... give me those ass busting routines you all know!!!!!!!!!!

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Ok about the PT thing I'm not saying it will not work but remember anyone can become a PT for a few 100 bucks, doesn't mean they really know that much.
    now you say you want your chest to be more defined?
    Well do you need to diet down to get rid of some extra BF?
    Or do you just need to develop the area by putting on more muscle?
    You can't sculpt a statue out of a pebble.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    If you've got the pecs then as you strip bodyfat you'll see the separation. If your chest just happens to be your weak point genetically then continue to do your basic bench, inclines, (same with dumbells), and flyes. I've found that nothing shaped my pecs better than flyes did. Forget declines as they are only an ego exercise and do little for the pecs. Focus your energy mentally on your pecs when you're training them. As you learn to do this with all your exercises it will make a huge difference in your workouts.

thanx for the info guys...i dont have fat around that area...but the diet along with my cycle(fina/winnie) is coming along great...chest is the only weak spot i have...everythig else is pretty good...ill have to try to use dumbells...i read i can get a better stretch with them...thanx guys...

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Dumbells are great and be sure to really concentrate on your movements. Don't worry about the weight too much that's not what's important. You might want to do some dips at the end of your workout to really get a good pump. Make sure you lean forward alot so you don't use your tri's too much.

sounds great...i havent used dumbells in a while...ill do em tomorrow when i hit chest..thanx

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    What dumbells said. Even if you never lifted a weight in your lift and your BF % was low enough you'd have cuts and separation in your (little muscles if you didn't lift, lol) muscles.
    It's all down to diet. I have a friend who's 3 weeks out from a contest and we all thought he was wasting his time as he didn't look much. I hadn't seen him in a week and met him last night and he literally blew me away. He was cut and shredded everywhere, and what had he done ?. He'd carb depleting now and his BF% is amazingly low and he's looking amazing.
    Hit the diet, training with intensity.
    Regards

absolutely right man...thats just it diet...i know what i have to do as im finishing this cycle...diet diet diet...damn those f%%king carbs..thanx, bouncer....

Thread Information