Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    HOLLYWOOD's Avatar
    HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,960

    shoulder width...

    my shouulder width is lagging a bit(medial delt head) you guys think if i performed my laterals first on shoulder day this would help or should i just keep the press first in the routine?

  2. #2
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,357
    I've gotten better development by doing my lateral (side/bent and front raises) first in my workout.

    It cuts your press poundages somewhat...but IMO it's unsurpassed in promoting delt development

  3. #3
    HOLLYWOOD's Avatar
    HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I've gotten better development by doing my lateral (side/bent and front raises) first in my workout.

    It cuts your press poundages somewhat...but IMO it's unsurpassed in promoting delt development

    cool man thanks, actually what i was thinking was doing was working form rear to front since everyone has well developed anteriors but me and many others lag in the rear and medial head areas... good idea or bad idea?

  4. #4
    Dally's Avatar
    Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    FULLY NUDE!!!...call me!
    Posts
    3,734
    I used to do alot of pressing and got up to over 3 plates a side on smith press ....

    I said this is ridiculous and started some new techniques...

    try this...

    use a light press to warm the area up a few times.... no failure stuff here.

    go and grab say some 45 pounders and rep it till fail
    right to some 30's rep till fail
    then to some 10s to fail

    3 sets of that for sides and fronts and rears made me have to buy some new work shirts...no shit.

    they're not easy by any means, but if you can get em done, miliatary or shoulder press will be a thing of the past for ya bro....

    it is sorta for me now.

  5. #5
    Dally's Avatar
    Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    FULLY NUDE!!!...call me!
    Posts
    3,734
    ps.... dont go by my avatar pic, I used to be alot bigger when I did that shit...I just maintain now...

    im an old man.

  6. #6
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,357
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    cool man thanks, actually what i was thinking was doing was working form rear to front since everyone has well developed anteriors but me and many others lag in the rear and medial head areas... good idea or bad idea?
    I work from back to front...

    I've stopped as of recently tho.

    My rear delts got too big.

    When i hit a double bicep pose from the rear...my coach told my rear delt musculature was too pronounced...it detracted from my rhomboid and trapezius development in that pose.

    So IMO working from back to front rocks...It also reduces the risk of injury as it promotes better shoulder stability...by putting priority on rear delt development

  7. #7
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,357
    Dally's approach is Kosher IMO It's similar to what i do myself.
    Last edited by *Narkissos*; 07-28-2005 at 03:19 PM.

  8. #8
    HOLLYWOOD's Avatar
    HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,960
    have you ever put rear delts with back? what do you think about this for rear delt development, would this help build them up or hinder gains putting them with back?

  9. #9
    D9S0M's Avatar
    D9S0M is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    403
    wat ex do u guys like the most for rear delts??

  10. #10
    SaTyR's Avatar
    SaTyR is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by D9S0M
    wat ex do u guys like the most for rear delts??
    Behind the neck press.

  11. #11
    Dally's Avatar
    Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    FULLY NUDE!!!...call me!
    Posts
    3,734
    standing cable cross over rear flyes with the cable connect about 2 feet taller than my head.

  12. #12
    Dally's Avatar
    Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    FULLY NUDE!!!...call me!
    Posts
    3,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I work from back to front...

    I've stopped as of recently tho.

    My rear delts got too big.

    When i hit a double bicep pose from the rear...my coach told my rear delt musculature was too pronounced...it detracted from my rhomboid and trapezius development in that pose.

    So IMO working from back to front rocks...It also reduces the risk of injury as it promotes better shoulder stability...by putting priority on rear delt development

    thanks bro, my rears are lacking and I'm gonna do dis!!

    wurd

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •