Thread: Mountain Bike

LUKA is offline Junior Member

Mountain Bike

Hey guys. I was just wondering if there is any way.. to compare running and riding a mountain bike for a fat loss. I know that mostly it hits my legs but it gotta be pretty good for fat loss. Any ideas ?

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    I mountain bike bro and I did notice allot of fat loss and my legs were looking huge (quads) what sucks is I got to into it and ended up doing crazy drops and some extreme sh*t that one day caught up to me. I was the only one in the group of 7 of us to always be the first and almost the only one to do a evil looking drop. Until I ate shit hard one day and it's been almost 6 months since I really get back into it...

I got a Kona (stuff) 04 hardtail w/a couple of mods sittin in my garage waiting to be ridden again, I'm hoping after my vacation I'll get back into it. I love the adren****e rush when you only have a couple of seconds to decide what route to take..

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Running is superior for body fat reduction but adding in mountain biking, to your workouts, can be great for keeping yourself motivated. It adds variety to your conditioning and that can make a difference in pushing yourself towards your fat reduction goals.

I think mountain biking is aright if you dont go too crazy, too easy to get the heart rate too high. I think a brisk walk is superior to running and cycling for fat loss, however not motivating or fun.

LUKA is offline Junior Member
    Sounds good.
    Hey WILDCH1LD I just got back 2 weeks ago. Getting ready for caddle marina.. in WI. Im not sure if I spelled it right.. its a mountain bike track..straight rocks, pretty damn hardcore. Me and my buddies are going there for 4 days. 20 mile trip each day ! Itll be a nice workout too.
    I just got myself a 05 Raileigh M80 with some fancy mods on it
    Thanks guys !

Take care

- LUKA

xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    Running is superior? Everything I have read is to target a heart rate. It seems to be doing a good job for the people who are advocates for it.

I have attempted running and I am no runner so maintaining a good consistant speed for me is not as easy on a bike (never been a runner, I have rode bikes since I can remember). Even at a jog I am wayy above my target heart rate for fat burning. I am 23 so my target heart rate isnt a low number.

I have a single speed MTN bike and I find it very easy to maintain my target heart rate and for me it is a hell of alot more entertaining then walking.

If it works for you awesome, I think/hope I am on track for what is working for me

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    This is my next bike..

Thread Information