Deltoid pain- tight muscles...piched nerve...?

i had started doing sit down cable rows again, and also bent over dumbell rows. right now my right delt hurts all the time. i couldnt even get through 18 holes yesterday. i was just wondering if any of you have had this happen to you? i dont know if its from these exercises or not. it even hurts when i breathe sometimes especially when i exhale almost all the way. right now i am taking aleve but doesnt seem to do much, i may try stretching my back, would this be a bad idea? if its a pulled muscle or a pinched nerve is it bad to stretch? anyway thanks and i appreciate it!

ps-if this is the wrong forum sorry

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    SOunds like a pinched nerve or torn rotator cuff. I have that problem also. Does it hurt at all in your neck and trap area on that side?

no neck and trap feel fine, but when i turn my head toward the side that hurts i can feel it stretching all the way down that side of my back...

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    no neck and trap feel fine, but when i turn my head toward the side that hurts i can feel it stretching all the way down that side of my back...
    Oh yeah thats a nerve. It may be inflamed. Get some antiinflamitories and see if it helps at all. O ther than that, take a week off and see what happens, or go see a doc.

Thread Information