DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member

A.M Cardio Good or bad?

I've searched and found a lot of threads and info about A.M cardio for fat burn etc. Half say its bad half say its good. I've read Blown-SC's thread on A.M fat Burn and many others that support morning cardio, but theres a bunch that say its bad. So which is it? heres an article i came across
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek34.htm which says morning cardio on empty stmoach is stupid....

I'm hoping to get some solid and detailed answers from people who know a lot more than i do so i can figure this dam thing out. I got myself a Nike HR monitor and want to shed some fat, (im not overweight, i've been lifting and i'm fit, but a recent knee surgey had me sidelined and i gained some belly fat etc) Anyway, all the help is apreciated. Thanks

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    it works beautifully

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    I have had excellent results, dropped 10lbs in the past 3 weeks. Definitely looking better. Loosing 10lbs is a big deal to me, simply because I had been doing cardio post workout, in the evenings for over a year, wasnt making any progress...so decided to switch up.
    I would def recommend it..

-Cy

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If your nutritional protocol supports your fat loss/lean mass preservation efforts, a.m. cardio done at the correct intensity and duration is EXTREMELY effective at burning pure fat and sparing lean muscle mass. I say this because myself and my 1000's of clients have been doing this very effectively for the last 4 years.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    worked for me..i did the cardio right..i just cut the carbs down to low. Like swole said, it can be extremely effective, but diet is very important so you minimize/stop muscle loss.

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the replies...
    Hey Swole, or anyone else for that matter, so whats the correct duration and intesnity? 30-40 min at 65%? Wait 15 min for a pro/fat meal and 30 min for a pro/carb meal?

Sooo what is up with all these people claiming A.M cardio is stupid and BS??? I dunno if u got a chance to check out that link, uve proally read it before, but whats up with all that?

He-man is offline Junior Member
    You'll get alot of,this is good that is bad,i think try AM cardio for yourself,if it works then throw all the studies that try to prove otherwise down the toilet

Quote Originally Posted by He-man
    You'll get alot of,this is good that is bad,i think try AM cardio for yourself,if it works then throw all the studies that try to prove otherwise down the toilet

True! It works for me,first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. The best way to find out though is to try it yourself,like so many other aspectcs of bodybuilding,what works for one will not work for another.Good luck!

divinepwr is offline Junior Member
    low intensity cardio first thing in the a.m. has worked best for me. Low intensity will burn more fat. If you go to high intensity you will burn more carbs and sugars. To tap into your fat stores I would say diet, a.m. low intensity cardio... I just walk on a treadmill. I'm a boxer, so I get my actual cardio vascular workout boxing. But, for fat loss a.m. is key.

bigron62 is offline Junior Member
    if you say empty stomach does that mean i cant have coffee? man i need it at 4 am!!

n4529359 is offline Associate Member
    drink coffee caffeine helps use fat as fuel over glucose protein (sparing muscle mass and glycogen) and also allowing u to run futher. even though u need more than a cup of coffee for it be beneifical
    and also elevates the heart rate to train at a higher intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGCHILD

Sooo what is up with all these people claiming A.M cardio is stupid and BS???
    They are either mis-informed, un-educated, or a combination of both.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by bigron62
    if you say empty stomach does that mean i cant have coffee? man i need it at 4 am!!
    I have two huge cups before my cardio.

As stated, it's just fine to use, yes.

~SC~

Thread Information