TUnit is offline Associate Member

long arms and small biceps

whats up guys. ive been having the hardest time putting size on my biceps! i dont know what it takes to get them to grow. i tried swoles theory on 6 to 8 sets total a week and that didnt work...i think my arms actually got smaller and less defined. then i tried twice a week and i started to see a lil more growth. i mean i do barbell curls on my last set with 135 and curl like 60lbs dumbells and my arms are only pushing 16's but they look like 14's. now my arms are extremely long...like im 6' and my arms are longer than my friend who is 6'3. do yall think i should treat them like my calfs and maybe try biceps 3 times a week? i know some of yall may think of that as over training but what does it take for growth. keep in my ill prolly be doing that during my upcoming cycle. let me in on any info guys

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TUnit
    whats up guys. ive been having the hardest time putting size on my biceps! i dont know what it takes to get them to grow. i tried swoles theory on 6 to 8 sets total a week and that didnt work...i think my arms actually got smaller and less defined. then i tried twice a week and i started to see a lil more growth. i mean i do barbell curls on my last set with 135 and curl like 60lbs dumbells and my arms are only pushing 16's but they look like 14's. now my arms are extremely long...like im 6' and my arms are longer than my friend who is 6'3. do yall think i should treat them like my calfs and maybe try biceps 3 times a week? i know some of yall may think of that as over training but what does it take for growth. keep in my ill prolly be doing that during my upcoming cycle. let me in on any info guys
    You do 135 pounds on barbell curl and 60 pounds on dumbells with strict form for 6-8 reps im guessin and you have 16"arms??? i dont believe you.

well those are my heavier lifts with low reps with a spot, like 2 or 3. but still i dont see too many people curling what i curl and there arms are bigger than mine

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    I am also 6'1" and have arms longer than people who are 6'4"! It sucks, bro. I have almost 20" arms and they look like 18's, max... I would focus more on putting size on your triceps to get that big arm look. My arms were stuck at just below 19" for a while before I started hitting my triceps heavy.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TUnit
    well those are my heavier lifts with low reps with a spot, like 2 or 3. but still i dont see too many people curling what i curl and there arms are bigger than mine
    there is absolutely no point in doing reps of 2-3 if you want to build muscle...i always go for a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12...remember go slow and do a weight you can handle without cheating.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    how much do you squat Tuinit?

not much at all. like 315 on my last set but i was one of those lifters that use to only workout there upper body and ignore the legs until about 6 months ago, wish i wouldve started earlier. recently ive been hitting them twice a week but i know working your legs out helps your arms as well along with everything else

chest6 is offline Banned
    I have got the same problem I am 6 2 and have a 6 6 wingspan..

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    yep.....im 6'2 and I have the wingspan of a boeing jet airplane

yea to top it off i just went and got fitted for a suit and my right arm is longer than the other. well i just started my cycle so im gona start hitting bi's 3 times a week and see what happens

Thread Information