Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur

Need Wider Shoulders...

I want wider shoulders, but have a problem with my wrists. I cannot do lateral raises with heavy weight, because I get sharp pains in my wrist… not sure why, but this is reoccurring. I have no problem with seated dumbbell press, or any other exercises for that matter, just lateral exercises. I have seen no dramatic changes in my shoulders in a while. What are some power exercises to put some mass on the shoulders, repetitions and sets?

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    what are you doing for shoulders right now.

Ive grown outta my shirts from some of my routines with shoulders too bad you can't lateral.

how bout lying side arnold raises? like lying laterals....how bout takin it in the ass.

wooops

how bout some glucosamine chondritin?

how bout my cack?

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    what are you doing for shoulders right now.

Ive grown outta my shirts from some of my routines with shoulders too bad you can't lateral.

how bout lying side arnold raises? like lying laterals....how bout takin it in the ass.

wooops

how bout some glucosamine chondritin?

how bout my cack?
    cack... will this give me wider shoulders???
    D, what is your workout regiment for shoulders... I want to outgrow my shirt, and bump into shit when walking around... you will have a pm in a min too.. not in regards to taking it in the pooper....

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    I want wider shoulders, but have a problem with my wrists. I cannot do lateral raises with heavy weight, because I get sharp pains in my wrist… not sure why, but this is reoccurring. I have no problem with seated dumbbell press, or any other exercises for that matter, just lateral exercises. I have seen no dramatic changes in my shoulders in a while. What are some power exercises to put some mass on the shoulders, repetitions and sets?
    that’s a shame, I love laterals for lateral head size,, during the 4-6 inches from the top downwards while doing bar or D/B press, this is when the lateral head is under the most presser, and can be worked accordingly in this manner, put the rack high up in a power rack, sit on a bench with back support, you can put the emphasis on the lateral head from here, start at lock out and come down 4-6 inches then return,, give them a go, although you will have all the gym dicks coming up to you saying what are you doing come right down to your shoulders lol
    Last edited by S.P.G; 09-28-2005 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    that’s a shame, I love laterals for lateral head size,, during 4-6 inches downwards while doing bar or D/B press, this is when the lateral head is under the most presser, and can be worked accordingly in this manner, put the rack high up in a power rack, sit on a bench with back support, you can put the emphasis on the lateral head from here, start at lock out and come down 4-6 inches then return,, give them a go, although you will have all the gym dicks coming up to you saying what are you doing come right down to your shoulders lol
    Thanks SPG, I'll give em a try tonight... and the gym dicks can go fuk themselves!!! I had some Buck 30 guy come up to me last week and try and give me advice on my rear delt technique... lmfao!!! I should have asked him when his book comes out on lifting for dummies...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    Thanks SPG, I'll give em a try tonight... and the gym dicks can go fuk themselves!!! I had some Buck 30 guy come up to me last week and try and give me advice on my rear delt technique... lmfao!!! I should have asked him when his book comes out on lifting for dummies...
    hahahah i hear ya....

if your going to give them a go, just to say it may take a littel time to find your weight you will be surprised how much weight you can move with that 4-6 inch movement..

hahahah i hear ya....

if your going to give them a go, just to say it may take a littel time to find your weight you will be surprised how much weight you can move with that 4-6 inch movement..
    cool... thanks dude!

2 warm up military presses on machine

then right to

cable side lateral superset drop sets

55 x 10+
    for 10 reps and try to beat em every workout or up weight

harder but do as much as I can

here I bend at almost a 45 degree angle to get some rear
    15 for burn

then to rear delts same fashion but lighter for 3 supersets

then to some upright rows with about 135 on a bar to some rope cable front raises at about 40 pounds to fail

then again

and finish up with some machine press drop sets.....usually just one.

shoulders FUKIN KILL the next day.

I will swap in different movements when the uprights and rope fronts are lame...like front bar raises to front raises at a 45 degree angle and finish with arms parallel to the floor /// eye level...those are hard 15 pounds.

but for you ... if you cant lateral.

nothing but drop sets man...up the intensity....my shoulders will only respond or respond better to higher reps

I could military press over 3 plates a side....and didnt have that biga shoulders....cause the reps were low ...until I upped the total work set of a 3 drop superset totalling over 30 reps did the fukker grow

BIG TIME.

then right to

55 x 10+

15 for burn

then to some upright rows with about 135 on a bar to some rope cable front raises at about 40 pounds to fail

then again

I will swap in different movements when the uprights and rope fronts are lame...like front bar raises to front raises at a 45 degree angle and finish with arms parallel to the floor /// eye level...those are hard 15 pounds.

nothing but drop sets man...up the intensity....my shoulders will only respond or respond better to higher reps

I could military press over 3 plates a side....and didnt have that biga shoulders....cause the reps were low ...until I upped the total work set of a 3 drop superset totalling over 30 reps did the fukker grow

BIG TIME.
    Nice Dally... NICE!!! thanks dude... got some good shit for tonight!

then right to

55 x 10+

15 for burn

then again

BIG TIME.

im going to try that to, i just hope sanes wrist holds out lol

im going to try that to, i just hope sanes wrist holds out lol

OHHH IM SURE ...it will.

ahhhaaaa

umm, yeah well, try it. and perform the beginning of the sets the best you can of course and kick the elbow up higher than the wrist and shoulder at the last second for a tweak...the mid weight is for just post exhaust after the first set and the last weight the lightest one ...should really fukin hurt.

but then again...it doesnt take much with this shit.

you should get strong or at least put a rep per set of each superset everytime...nervous exhaustion usually wins before muscle failure.

its good.

have fun.

OHHH IM SURE ...it will.

ahhhaaaa

umm, yeah well, try it. and perform the beginning of the sets the best you can of course and kick the elbow up higher than the wrist and shoulder at the last second for a tweak...the mid weight is for just post exhaust after the first set and the last weight the lightest one ...should really fukin hurt.

but then again...it doesnt take much with this shit.

you should get strong or at least put a rep per set of each superset everytime...nervous exhaustion usually wins before muscle failure.

its good.

have fun.
    Thanks again D... yeah, I hope my wristes hold out

Thread Information