Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    177

    Rigth chest is smaller than the left side

    My right chest muscle is noticeably smaller than my left. Should I just use all dumbells and work my right side hard while maintaining the left side. With my shirt off I can tell most people can't but it bothers me. I figuere since its winter now would be a good time to work on it. Any suggestions or experience. I'm always open to try new things if it makews sense to me.

  2. #2
    davekutrone's Avatar
    davekutrone is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    199
    i have the same problem with strength, only its my left side. Try doing more single sided excersises, and always start with your right. Then do the same amount with your left. Keep doing it until they catch up to eachother. I never felt that working the weak side harder made it better, just keep your strong side limited to what your weak side can do for awhile

  3. #3
    Flexor is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    L'Inghilterra
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by davekutrone
    Try doing more single sided excersises, and always start with your right. Then do the same amount with your left. Keep doing it until they catch up to eachother. I never felt that working the weak side harder made it better, just keep your strong side limited to what your weak side can do for awhile
    This doesn't work in my experience. You can't do more one sided exercises with dumbells, because your shoulders will just take up more load to stabilise and you won't necessarily target the chest.

    What you should do is concentrate on form, and do bilateral dumbells, like a flat dumbell bench. Use the same weight on both dumbells obviously. When you do barbell, try to visualise using your weaker side more.

    Quote Originally Posted by symmetry101
    My right chest muscle is noticeably smaller than my left. Should I just use all dumbells and work my right side hard while maintaining the left side. With my shirt off I can tell most people can't but it bothers me. I figuere since its winter now would be a good time to work on it. Any suggestions or experience. I'm always open to try new things if it makews sense to me.
    My right is also noticably smaller, but only in the inner portion. Its genetic, because my shoulders are the other way round so clearly the cause is not poor form. Just continue what you are doing and perhaps over time they will even out, but I wouldn't worry too much. EVERYBODY has symmetry issues but nobody else can see them, so just continue working out and get bigger.

  4. #4
    Panzerfaust's Avatar
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    This doesn't work in my experience. You can't do more one sided exercises with dumbells, because your shoulders will just take up more load to stabilise and you won't necessarily target the chest.

    What you should do is concentrate on form, and do bilateral dumbells, like a flat dumbell bench. Use the same weight on both dumbells obviously. When you do barbell, try to visualise using your weaker side more.



    My right is also noticably smaller, but only in the inner portion. Its genetic, because my shoulders are the other way round so clearly the cause is not poor form. Just continue what you are doing and perhaps over time they will even out, but I wouldn't worry too much. EVERYBODY has symmetry issues but nobody else can see them, so just continue working out and get bigger.

    Great advice, its all about lowering the weight and focusing on range of motion, i had this issue with my traps awhile back, drop the weight and perform the movement correct.

    To many people pile on to much weight and their form sucks.

  5. #5
    SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,262
    It's all in your head!

    Of course your body will have a dominant side. Which is why you say "im right handed" but a LOT of the issues is all in your head! Stop lookin at whats wrong, and start lookin at what you have. If other people don't notice it, then it's just you. duuuur

    I had this issue with my left elbow, and this seriously happened: i magnified the issue SO badly, that it got to a point to where i couldn't move my arm AT ALL when i woke up. The FUHK is that! I kid you not.. and there wasn't anythign wrong with my arm execpt a little pain. How it got to where i couldn't move it was beyond me, or at most in my head.

    So you have nothing wrong with your boobs, however you DO what to make them both bigger. so now you're lookin for an exercise to increase OVERALL chest size.
    Don't let your mind work against you. make it work FOR you.

  6. #6
    Flexor is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    L'Inghilterra
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by SnaX
    I kid you not.. and there wasn't anythign wrong with my arm execpt a little pain. How it got to where i couldn't move it was beyond me, or at most in my head
    Sounds like an extreme case of retardation

  7. #7
    S.P.G's Avatar
    S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    uk/ south east
    Posts
    4,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Sounds like an extreme case of retardation

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    parked in yo momma
    Posts
    541
    yeah i used to worry about one side being bigger and stronger, but i realized that i was just looking at myself in the mirror way too damn much!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    America
    Posts
    502
    Honestly bro, It's just genetics so deal with it. I'm sure you have plenty of strengths as well so look on the bright side.

  10. #10
    PunkOff's Avatar
    PunkOff is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    296
    i looked it up for you i think pec implants are $8,000 but i guess it depends who you go to

  11. #11
    symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    177
    Yeah I gotta admit I look at myself in the mirror alot but I think anybody who seriuosly trains are their own hardest critics.

  12. #12
    *Alex*'s Avatar
    *Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,785
    Why Dont You Spot Inject Into To The Smaller One!???

  13. #13
    *Alex*'s Avatar
    *Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,785
    J/k

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •