Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member

Arrow I need Shredded Abs ASAP

I heard that doing Sprints is best for your abs, because if you do to much for your abs you can build them up to where it looks like you have a belly. Should i just do high Cardio and some ab work? Thanks.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    cardio=abs

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    cardio=abs
    agreed.......

Maintaining muscle should be one of your primary goals while doing cardio, your maximum heart rate shouldn’t be to high..

(Fat Burning)-- 60 - 70% of maximum heart rate: This zone provides the same benefits as the healthy heart zone, but is more intense and burns more total calories. The percent of fat calories is still 85%.

How long should i do cardio 40-60 mins?

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO
    if you do to much for your abs you can build them up to where it looks like you have a belly
    This only applies to you in you have excess body fat around your mid section, the theory is that your extra muscle growth will push out the body fat giving the appearance of a belly.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    (Fat Burning)-- 60 - 70% of maximum heart rate: This zone provides the same benefits as the healthy heart zone, but is more intense and burns more total calories. The percent of fat calories is still 85%.
    I notice everytime this question is asked you keep copying your old post to save time, nice one dude

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO
    How long should i do cardio 40-60 mins?
    45mins no more

They say 10 mins while bulking just to get your heart going. and not lose any weight. But i am going into my cutting cycle in 2 weeks.

Thanks SPG, much thanks.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Cardio before breakfast brutha!

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    I notice everytime this question is asked you keep copying your old post to save time, nice one dude
    It saves me a lot of time otherwise I would be typing all day lol

i save most things i type and refer back if I need anything...

Flexor is offline Banned
    45mins no more
    I don't know that much about cardio, so what happens when someone will go out for a cycle on the road, up hill, down hill etc for up to five hours. Tour de France style. What effect does this have on fat burning? I guess it makes a strong heart...and creates quality aerobic muscle with a lot of slow twitch.

Thanks got everything i need to know workout wise. Just needed some quick answers. Thanks Everybody

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    I don't know that much about cardio, so what happens when someone will go out for a cycle on the road, up hill, down hill etc for up to five hours. Tour de France style. What effect does this have on fat burning? I guess it makes a strong heart...and creates quality aerobic muscle with a lot of slow twitch.
    Yes that’s right there not that interest in maintain muscle, look at there physiques lean but thin, there muscles are trained for endurance….going in and out of the two zones, anaerobic and aerobic, such as interval training or football, is not the greatest way to loose b/f going from 60% then right up to 80% in such a short period will help strengthen the heart and lungs As well as over all circulatory system....more than lower b/f

Not to mention A.T.P but that is where things get real confusing.....

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    We all know abs r all about cardio, but if u need them ASAP then high intensity cardio, abs 3 times a week, n there are tons of great supps out there, id reccomend lean xtreme n heat stack. U may lose some muslce doing the high intensity cardio(i do 20 mins at 5.0 on the treadmill, then 20 mins on the bike at level 6) but ull lose that fat the quikest

chest6 is offline Banned
    Everyone is out of lean extreme..if you found somewhere that isnt PM me. I just do 45 mins at 70-75% MHR..I did elliptical for awhile but lately I have switched to walking on an incline..which also works really well. In a few weeks, I'll move to the bike most likely. I may even start to throw some interval training in, but having carbs beforehand of course..I like to keep the muscle I have

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    I dunno who he is, but I dont like his name.. I thought he was some guy who ran AR for a minute.. then i saw the type of question he was asking lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SnaX
    I dunno who he is, but I dont like his name.. I thought he was some guy who ran AR for a minute.. then i saw the type of question he was asking lol.
    who are you talking about

Flexor is offline Banned
    who are you talking about
    He's talking about the guy who started the thread. He's called Anabolic CEO...

znak is offline Senior Member
    My abs are pretty decent. I work them out 3x a week alternating (depending on mood) between high reps and heavy weight. On high rep day, I do three sets to failure on an incline board (typically 100, 80 and 60 reps). On heavy days, I either hold a plate on my chest and do three sets of 20 or I hang upside down with boots and do three sets to failure holding a plate.

After bulking cycles, they get fairly covered up and I find that 45 mnutes of cardio frys the fat off. I put together a mix on my ipod, fast, slow, fast, slow and keep the tempo of the music.

To have good abs, you actually need two things ab muscle and little fat covering them.

If I had to have abs ASAP, I would do super heavy ab workouts and cardio.

Thread Information