Dally is offline The Dally Lama

typically I do am cardio and weights later on ...but,

I was wondering what iyo would be best...

I am always doing am cardio...that wont change.

what I am wondering about though is that if I am training two bodyparts a day, like back and bis for eg.

what would be better to have two separate weight training sessions with 2 pwo's of course or to just do em both in the one session.

I'm cutting right now essentially and the am cardio 6x a week really pumps out the lactic acid and I can train a bp every 3 rd day....I heal fast with the cardio. I'm not losing strength on my lifts and am using that as a gauge for overtraining...but I do know I am teetering on a fine line of if I am or not.

with that said, I sort of want to split it up for two reasons, one. I get weak in a short period due to low glycogen and want to be strong for the second bp I train...and two, I like goin to the fukin gym

but, I wanna hear your opinion.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    this may help with the 2 times a day training bro....

2-A-Days in the
    Last edited by S.P.G; 11-22-2005 at 01:53 PM.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Dally, I did not read the link posted by SPG, but I can tell you that your CNS needs to recuperate as well as your muscles. I mean it is do-able, but your diet needs to be in check (pwo, ppwo, for each session). Personally, I do each bp once a week (except for calves and abs), and I grow like a weed.
    However, you know your body best. I know this sounds gey, but leeesten to eeet(your body, not your penus) J/K

Here's what I do:

Monday- Quads, Hams, Calves (I was seperating hams from quads, but I switched it back)
    Tuesday- Chest, tris, abs
    Wednesday- Off
    Thursday- Back, Traps, Calves
    Friday-Off
    Saturday-Delts, Bis, 4arms, abs
    Sunday-off

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally

what I am wondering about though is that if I am training two bodyparts a day, like back and bis for eg.

what would be better to have two separate weight training sessions with 2 pwo's of course or to just do em both in the one session.

I'm cutting right now essentially and the am cardio 6x a week really pumps out the lactic acid and I can train a bp every 3 rd day....I heal fast with the cardio. I'm not losing strength on my lifts and am using that as a gauge for overtraining...but I do know I am teetering on a fine line of if I am or not.

with that said, I sort of want to split it up for two reasons, one. I get weak in a short period due to low glycogen and want to be strong for the second bp I train...and two, I like goin to the fukin gym

i think it might be too much imo...
    i think your cns will not be able to handle it...
    and you will need 2 pwo shakes which means thats 2 carb meals already....
    so it is fine line...
    i would go for the safe option but thats just me .
    you can give it ago for a few weeks and see how you feel i guess......

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    When i' m preparing for a contest...and have the opportunity to train twice per day, i do cardio twice per day...and, in addition i also comsume PWO-meals twice per day.

The gylcemic index of one meal may differ tho...depending the muscle group work out in either session.

**disclaimer**... i do not weight-train 6 days per week tho. That imo would be too taxing. I may however do cardio 5-6 six time per week.

High volume is how i usually train. I'm not suggesting it to anyone though...but it works well for me.

The way each session is arranged depends on my goals...AND recuperative abilities.

For example, at the end of my cutting cycle i was training each body part once per week...at the beginning i was training everything twice per week..currently i'm training one bodypart, every other day. This changed as my recuperative tolerances changed. Due to diet, depletion fo rmy contest my recovery dropped and thus my training frequency droppped. Obviously my splits changed to suit.

Everything Twice per week:

Monday:
    a.m. quads/hams/calves; cardio
    p.m. chest/ tris; cardio

Tuesday:
    a.m. back; cardio
    p.m. shoulders/bis; cardio

Wednesday:
    a.m. Abs; Cardio

Thursday:
    p.m. chest/ tris; cardio

Friday:
    a.m. back; cardio

Saturday:
    p.m. Abs; cardio

Sunday:
    Rest

In this instance... carbs were consumed in both PWO meals...and a smaller amount in both PPWO meals. The other meals were pro/fat. This does not mean that total carb amount per day is increased however. Instead, carb allotment is split...with preference to the times of highest insulin sensitivity.

e.g. if you're allowing yourself only 150 grams of carbs while cutting, Each PWO meal would contain 50 grams of high glycemic carbs..and each PPWO meal would contain 25 grams of low glycemic carbs.

Everything once per week:

The point here was to reduce the length of each weight-training session... by splitting up the session into two parts. I'd hit the least taxing bodypart in the am when my glycogen was lowest...and the most taxing in the evening cus i'd've consumed at least 3 meals by then, thus i'd be able to generate more intensity

Day 1:

a.m. tris/calves; cardio
    p.m. Chest; cardio

Day 2:

a.m. hamstrings; cardio
    p.m. quads; cardio

Day 3:

p.m. cardio: 45 minutes

Day 4:

a.m. Abs; Cardio
    p.m. Shoulders; cardio

Day 5:

a.m. Bis/calves; cardio
    p.m. Back; Cardio

Day 6/7: Rest

Due to separating large bodyparts and small... the glycemic index of the meal following the workout of the smaller bodypart is low with preference. The meal following the large bodypart is high glycemic.

Training EOD split 1:

Day 1: Chest; Delts; tris

Day 2: Cardio

Day 3: Back; traps; bis

Day 4: Cardio

Day 5: Quads/Hams/Calves

Day 6: Cardio

Day 7: Start from day 1

Here...this is a one-session per day workout... PWO-nutrition is pretty straightfoward. This split can further be manipulated by the addition of an a.m. cardio session on training days... and the relocation of the weight-training session...to the evening.

I personally wouldn't do this tho. i find this split is good for a lean bulk..as it allows good recuperation time. Thus adding more cardio would be self-defeating.

Hope this Helps Dally

~Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Dally

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    excellent post NARK...

Thanks.. Bump for Dally!

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    When i' m preparing for a contest...and have the opportunity to train twice per day, i do cardio twice per day...and, in addition i also comsume PWO-meals twice per day.

The gylcemic index of one meal may differ tho...depending the muscle group work out in either session.

**disclaimer**... i do not weight-train 6 days per week tho. That imo would be too taxing. I may however do cardio 5-6 six time per week.

High volume is how i usually train. I'm not suggesting it to anyone though...but it works well for me.

The way each session is arranged depends on my goals...AND recuperative abilities.

For example, at the end of my cutting cycle i was training each body part once per week...at the beginning i was training everything twice per week..currently i'm training one bodypart, every other day. This changed as my recuperative tolerances changed. Due to diet, depletion fo rmy contest my recovery dropped and thus my training frequency droppped. Obviously my splits changed to suit.

Everything Twice per week:

Monday:
    p.m. chest/ tris; cardio

Tuesday:
    a.m. back; cardio

Wednesday:
    a.m. Abs; Cardio

Thursday:
    p.m. chest/ tris; cardio

Friday:
    a.m. back; cardio

Saturday:
    p.m. Abs; cardio

Sunday:
    Rest

In this instance... carbs were consumed in both PWO meals...and a smaller amount in both PPWO meals. The other meals were pro/fat. This does not mean that total carb amount per day is increased however. Instead, carb allotment is split...with preference to the times of highest insulin sensitivity.

e.g. if you're allowing yourself only 150 grams of carbs while cutting, Each PWO meal would contain 50 grams of high glycemic carbs..and each PPWO meal would contain 25 grams of low glycemic carbs.

Everything once per week:

The point here was to reduce the length of each weight-training session... by splitting up the session into two parts. I'd hit the least taxing bodypart in the am when my glycogen was lowest...and the most taxing in the evening cus i'd've consumed at least 3 meals by then, thus i'd be able to generate more intensity

Day 1:

a.m. tris/calves; cardio
    p.m. Chest; cardio

Day 2:

a.m. hamstrings; cardio
    p.m. quads; cardio

Day 3:

p.m. cardio: 45 minutes

Day 4:

a.m. Abs; Cardio
    p.m. Shoulders; cardio

Day 5:

a.m. Bis/calves; cardio
    p.m. Back; Cardio

Day 6/7: Rest

Due to separating large bodyparts and small... the glycemic index of the meal following the workout of the smaller bodypart is low with preference. The meal following the large bodypart is high glycemic.

Training EOD split 1:

Day 1: Chest; Delts; tris

Day 2: Cardio

Day 3: Back; traps; bis

Day 4: Cardio

Day 5: Quads/Hams/Calves

Day 6: Cardio

Day 7: Start from day 1

Here...this is a one-session per day workout... PWO-nutrition is pretty straightfoward. This split can further be manipulated by the addition of an a.m. cardio session on training days... and the relocation of the weight-training session...to the evening.

I personally wouldn't do this tho. i find this split is good for a lean bulk..as it allows good recuperation time. Thus adding more cardio would be self-defeating.

Hope this Helps Dally

~Corey
    wow....thats awesome man...holy shit...I must say, thats really all I need. I'm gonna do that and see what happens, if anything its different from what im doing now so thats a good thing

thanks alot ya homo

and btw..you should see SK...holy fuk she looks amazing...shes down 12 pounds and has leaned out incredibly....holy fuk she's HAWT!!

(dont pm her love letters or sexy talk or I'll take my vacation in Brownbados and live in your house...nude.)

call me.

Lmao... she modified the diet with the pointers i suggested?

I want before and after pics.

Call me

Thread Information