Mike Dura is offline Senior Member

Anyone try "Blood Volume Training"?

Anyone try the BVT that Titus swears by? This method is basically doing 12-20 reps, 35-45 secs between sets, at 50% of 1RPM and high sets (20-30). I'm trying it as a part of my periodization and I'll tell you I'm as sore as a MF! Nice pumps too

Hmmmm. Nobody answered. Woes me! I'm sure someone has something to say about it out there. Isn't "pumping (vs. high intensity)" the vogue training style these days? ECHO! ---OH----OH

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Hey mate I cant say i have heard of this style of training, do you mind posting some links for us.cheers

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    I used to like the high volume, but its all about high intensity for me now!

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Yhere is actually an article in the most recent edition of MUSCLEMAG INT'L they lay out a 4 or 5 week program I think Im gonna give it a shot. It'll be a nce change from my powerlifting style routine I have been on.

The basic idea seems to be a different type of overload. Obviously, using more weight overloads the muscle but doing more work in increasingly less time also overloads the muscle. In my experience, it feels like more muscle fiber is being worked. I feel more sore than with heavy lifting. The pump is amazing too. Titus said he used it for his lagging chest. He was going heavy for a while to no avail. After an injury he decided to try overloading via "bvt" and he said this is the only thing that brought thickness to his chest. Intensity (as defined by more work in less time) = density.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    The basic idea seems to be a different type of overload. Obviously, using more weight overloads the muscle but doing more work in increasingly less time also overloads the muscle. In my experience, it feels like more muscle fiber is being worked. I feel more sore than with heavy lifting. The pump is amazing too. Titus said he used it for his lagging chest. He was going heavy for a while to no avail. After an injury he decided to try overloading via "bvt" and he said this is the only thing that brought thickness to his chest. Intensity (as defined by more work in less time) = density.
    With this method of training, you feel the fatigue more during the exercise which can be misleading. Also some of the muscle damage is down to the excessive amounts of lactic acid and free radicals that were floating around in your muscles during the pump. However, like you said, it is a different type of overload and is just another way of doing it and I'm sure it works. Personally I don't like the burn feeling, and I find HIT methods more enjoyable. I take short rests even with lower reps. I might give something like this a try in the future when I am running out of ideas for switching up.

Thread Information