fully_paully is offline Associate Member

Your Ab workout..

Whats your ab routine like, what exercises do you do, sets, reps, how long for, how many times a week.

Flexor is offline Banned
    I do nothing complicated:

2 x weighted decline crunches for 15-20 reps

2 x unweighted decline side crunches for as many reps as possible

2 x incline leg raises (pelvic crunch for lower abs)

If I really wanted to switch it up though, I would progress to some form of hanging leg raise or upside down hanging crunches. There is also the stability ball which is great for overall core strength and development.

Its good to hit 15-20 reps for mass, and high rep ranges as well for development.

I usually do this twice a week

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    training abs is lame if u lift heavy u use them already

i notice when i do heavy deads 5plates+ my abs hurt as bad as my back

on bench its my UPPER abs that feel it..
    on heavy tri work i feel it on my frontal abdominal lobes..
    and on squats n' lunges my obliques get it

wild-one is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    training abs is lame if u lift heavy u use them already
    I agree.....I rarely ever train abs directly

Flexor is offline Banned
    I agree that certain exercises work the abs, whether it is isometric or not. IMO though extra work is needed if you are looking to add mass to the abs. Once they are formed, they do not atrophy, so if you are happy with them you don't need to work them other than lifting heavy.

Anyone can have a ripped set of abs with low bodyfat, but if you want your abs to stick out because there is some mass there, you need specific ab workouts that cause full contraction of the muscle.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    I agree that certain exercises work the abs, whether it is isometric or not. IMO though extra work is needed if you are looking to add mass to the abs. Once they are formed, they do not atrophy, so if you are happy with them you don't need to work them other than lifting heavy.

Anyone can have a ripped set of abs with low bodyfat, but if you want your abs to stick out because there is some mass there, you need specific ab workouts that cause full contraction of the muscle.
    only time i work abs is 6 weeks out from a competition then its EOD on a stabitily ball to over train the transverse and PULL the abs IN giving them less of a buddah belly that have acquired from lifting HEAVY yes lifting HEAVY has made my abs ENORMOUS that and the GH/IGF/Slin combo mixing those 3 = gh gut in not time

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    only time i work abs is 6 weeks out from a competition then its EOD on a stabitily ball to over train the transverse and PULL the abs IN giving them less of a buddah belly that have acquired from lifting HEAVY yes lifting HEAVY has made my abs ENORMOUS that and the GH/IGF/Slin combo mixing those 3 = gh gut in not time
    thanks for clearing it up bro. I suppose years of heavy lifting would build the abs, its inevitable, especially with those growth substances

Thread Information