jport1540 is offline Associate Member

Angry PLEASE help explain strength loss....

I been bustin my a$$ for the past 3 months in the gym, i am eating healthy and workin out 3 times a wek intensley. Yet my bench press keeps falling. Steadily it has fallen from a 200 max, to 185 3X, now down to 175 4x. I am currently trying to cut fat as well, losing about 1.5-2 pounds a week. That is the only thing I can think is hindering me. PLEASE help explain how I can stop wthis, or atleast why its happening. Thanks.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Here are a few possible reasons.

1.) The CNS leaps ahead in strength rapidly, but then reorders itself to increase efficiency. Then your strength comes back up after a while.

2.) You could be overtraining slightly

Perhaps you need to change up your reps to give your CNS something different to work with. Switch up to something different. The bottom line is, your loss of strength is all about the nervous system and the way it is activating your muscles. It could also be due to a cutting diet, as opposing to a bulking one.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jport1540
    I been bustin my a$$ for the past 3 months in the gym, i am eating healthy and workin out 3 times a wek intensley. Yet my bench press keeps falling. Steadily it has fallen from a 200 max, to 185 3X, now down to 175 4x. I am currently trying to cut fat as well, losing about 1.5-2 pounds a week. That is the only thing I can think is hindering me. PLEASE help explain how I can stop wthis, or atleast why its happening. Thanks.
    What's your diet like? How long have you been cutting? How often are you doing cardio? How long/often?

jport1540 is offline Associate Member
    I am not doing a cutting diet per say. I am doing caloric maintenance i guess you would call it. To maitain my current state I need 3200 calories a day. Right now I consume at most 2200 calories a day, and atleast 2000. In reference to cardio i usually get my cardio from intervals during my lift, but i have now added 30-40 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week. I have heard that a raid loss in weight can cause me to lose leveridge (sp?) thus lose strength. I'm not sure how true that is or not.

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jport1540
    I am not doing a cutting diet per say. I am doing caloric maintenance i guess you would call it. To maitain my current state I need 3200 calories a day. Right now I consume at most 2200 calories a day, and atleast 2000. In reference to cardio i usually get my cardio from intervals during my lift, but i have now added 30-40 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week. I have heard that a raid loss in weight can cause me to lose leveridge (sp?) thus lose strength. I'm not sure how true that is or not.
    One reason could be that if you were eating 3200 cals and are now down to 2200 cals then your body and strength are readjusting to the calorie deficiency.

Thread Information