lc1987 is offline Associate Member

jumprope for cardio?

is jumprope a good type of cardio? i am currently cutting and i would like to do jumprope motion without the rope. you get the idea.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I think this depends on what you are doing cardio for.. What I mean is if it is to lose fat then no your heart rate could be too high plus you are going to cause cortisol release from the impact (if I said that correctly). kind of the same as running. Now if you ar looking to endurance training then IMO jumping rope is good.

My Opinion only

~Old

what's cortisol release? i have been running lately because i will be in the militar by july and also i am currently cutting. so what's a good cardio for cutting? i have a gazelle but i don't think it is challenging you one of those freestyle gliders thing. it doesn't have a heart rate monitor though but some people say walking for 45-60 min is a good cardio for cutting. i am 18 160 about 12% also i am taking eca. i will start doing cardio first thing in the morning after taking eca on an empty stomach. so is gazelle alright?

Quote Originally Posted by lc1987
    what's cortisol release? i have been running lately because i will be in the militar by july and also i am currently cutting. so what's a good cardio for cutting? i have a gazelle but i don't think it is challenging you one of those freestyle gliders thing. it doesn't have a heart rate monitor though but some people say walking for 45-60 min is a good cardio for cutting. i am 18 160 about 12% also i am taking eca. i will start doing cardio first thing in the morning after taking eca on an empty stomach. so is gazelle alright?

You can do it!! hahaha The tony Little Gazelle.. I think it is okay to use but I had one and I could never get my heart rate up enough.. You need to get your target heart rate which is found here http://www.freedieting.com/tools/target_heart_rate.htm you want to be about 70% for fat loss. Higher will give your heart a better workout but cause muscle breakdown also which is not conducive to what you are probably trying to do.

~Old

ic. i don't have a heart rate monitor so i would never know if my heart rate is in the right zone. how about light jogging?

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lc1987
    ic. i don't have a heart rate monitor so i would never know if my heart rate is in the right zone. how about light jogging?
    You can get a wrist HR monitor (strap goes around chest) pretty cheap online for around $40. I'm shoppin around right now. I would say any kind of cardio that gets you at 65-70% of MHR.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Jumping rope for cardio sounds extremely boring/repetitive/and painful to yield any kind of results. (for me anyhow)

That's just a shitload of impact for no reason really.

~SC~

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Have fun jumping your rope for 45m-1hr at .75% max HR.

To put it lightly, i do not think it is a good source of cardio if you got other options such as an elliptical or treadmill.
    ***No source checks!!!***

kuad is offline Member
    so is a crosstrainer at 75% for 45min good for fat loss?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    65-75% is great.

~SC~

kuad is offline Member
    while on past cycles i think i was hitting it really hard(the cardio) and maybe my gains suffered...

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Jump rope without the rope.
    click me

lol i was just wondering if it's gonna work out because i saw someone ine the gym doing jump rope for a long time. i tried it last night but after like a few minutes my heart rate was pretty high. so ya i don't think it's a good idea for cutting at all.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I suppose if you were doing it in a HIIT regiment it wouldn't be so bad, but for 45 min straight, def seems like you'd be exceeding 65%.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i'd rather watch a chicken roast

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I'd rather eat a chicken roast.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    Jump rope without the rope.
    click me

The guy is my hero.. hahaha.. that is very funny stuff, saw it a while back..

~Old

Hey man here is what I have been doing in the morning on an empty stomach and Ive been getting stronger, more cut but not losing pounds.

I couldnt endure 45 minutes of cardio in the morning so I devised something that I think would work counting out all scientific research.

Ill run for about 15 minutes, bike for 5 and then hop on the elliptical for 10 and then Ill grab the jump rope and go veryyyy fastttt for 30 second alternating legs, hopping on one then the other and high kneeing and then going right into a set of 15 dips followed by 30 seconds more of rope. Then do a set of 10 chinups, 30 seconds more rope, 10 pullups, 30 rope, 20 crunces, 30 rope, 15 pushups, 30 rope and then flat bench 135 15 reps very slow, entire thing 3 times. By the end im dead and that Pro/carb breakfast really does its wonders right after since I incorporated muscle workout into my cardio.

But im sure there will besome scientic reasoning why this is detrimental to my cut, but isnt there for everything. I hit a plateu and a big one at that so I had to create something to alter my results.

Thread Information