bjf17 is offline Junior Member

Reps your thought

Do you prefer the 4-6 range or the 6-8 range and why. I'm used to 6 to 8. But some programs out there are talking 4-6 one group a week. Anyone tried this?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    With my warm up sets I do higher reps(in the 10-15 range).For my working sets(usually only 2 per exercise) I prefer the 6-8 rep range.If I hit 8 reps on an exercise,the following week the weight goes up til I can get 8 reps with that weight.And so on...

~Pinnacle~

doby48 is offline Female Member
    I perfer the 6-8 range my larger muscles and the 8-10 range for some of the smaller muscle groups. My body just seems to respond best to these ranges.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by doby48
    my larger muscles and the 8-10 range for some of the smaller muscle groups. My body just seems to respond best to these ranges.
    I wish my smaller muscle groups responded to higher reps.My joints would love thatNot the case for me though

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf17
    Do you prefer the 4-6 range or the 6-8 range and why. I'm used to 6 to 8. But some programs out there are talking 4-6 one group a week. Anyone tried this?
    I use a variety of rep ranges per session.

Right now i pick three exercises per bodypart... the first is a very heavy compound exercise.. my Rep-range there is 4-6 reps

The second'll be a compound exercises also.. however my rep-range will be 8-12

My last exercise'll be an isolation exercise.. It's rep-range'll be 15-20 reps

It boils down to knowing what works best for you.

~Narkissos

Grudge Keeper is offline Associate Member
    i use to train 6-8 rep range now i hover around 10 but like nark i also will mix it up,change does a body best!

I enjoy using lower reps. Like, many said above it is important to vary your reps.

Unlike some people, I think that it is better to vary your rep ranges from workout to workout. Example, one workout do low reps on all of your lifts and the next workout do high reps on all of your lifts. In other words, you will get a better response from the body by changing the % of 1 RM. This is my opinoin...I picked this idea up from one of PAVEL's books.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I think I grow best on lower reps..Lately ive been doing higher reps..sat did squats 405x11 and leg press sets of 15 with the 3/2 tempo. High rep doesnt really seem to work for me

Thread Information