Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

To cardio or not to cardio

I read in flex a couple months ago, in a column by chris lund or chris aceto that while on a low carb diet (very low carb, only carbs (simple) after training) that cardio is a nono.
    Im trying to make a weight. I have 2 weeks left and a 2 kilos to go. Do you think I will lose weight if I solely weight train, say in the high reps (6-8 for large bodyparts, 8-10for smaller) 4 times weekly, and an occasional cardio?

Plus, since I am limited on budget, Id have simply a whey protein with flax or oliveoil instead of some high gi mixture like celltech which is too expensive to waste on cutting. What do you suggest?

BTW, my current cardio is 5x a week. 10min jog, then 10mins of jog30sec sprint 30sec, all for a total of 20mins.
    1500-1600cals a day, 150-160g protein per day, plenty of oliveoil and yollks.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    First of all your protein amount is way down. What is your current wieght? Remember 1-1 1/2 grams/pound of body wieght. About the cardio..5x a week is right on. Make sure you do it in the morning before you eat anything or right after you have trained..then you body is low in its stored carbs and sugars and its only ulterative is to burn fat. If you have 2 weeks to go I would hit the cardio. No need to go over 5x a week though. And about the jogging, what ever works for you bro..but I perfer walking on the treadmill this way I have my pace set. This way your heart rate is at the target rating for fat burning. By jogging you heart will most likely be above that and then your body is in an areobic mode and will not burn fat as readily.

Hope this helps

Shredz, but for how long do you walk?
    Do you always workout before the cardio? If so, how much cardio after the workout? Is your cardio basically a cooldown?

Apart from these questions, if anyone has input for the original ones hit me back

bump

Thread Information