Thread: Spark New Tricep Growth
09-05-2002, 07:55 AM #1
Spark New Tricep Growth
Lean Muscle News Subscriber Adam Holtz sent in this excellent triceps builder. The movement really stretches and develops the entire triceps region. Give it a try.
Here is a variation to the traditional Lying Triceps Extension ("skull crushers").
This exercise, the Incline Triceps Extension, seems to have a greater focus on these muscles and may need significantly less weight.
- Set an incline bench to 70-80 degree angle.
- Lay back onto the bench so that your head is just above the top of the bench, and plant your feet on the ground for support, without sitting.
- Using an EZ curl bar, extend your arms above your head.
- Take a close grip and keep your upper arms parallel to your ears and close to your head.
- Now, the movement becomes similar to the Lying Triceps Extension, except you get a much better stretch by bringing the bar down and behind your head (remember to keep your upper arms locked in place) instead of simply down to your forehead.
-Try using a very light weight to get the form.
09-05-2002, 10:32 AM #2
sounds like a GREAT variation ... I think I'll try it ...
but one question (I'm even embarrased for asking - I really should know better): the 70-80degree angle ... is that from vertical or horizontal?
09-05-2002, 11:04 AM #3
From horizontal so that you are sitting more up than laying down.
09-05-2002, 11:22 AM #4
kewl - thanks!
09-07-2002, 02:45 PM #5
is it better than close grip bensh press ??
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)