boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member

1muscle per day Dilemma

well as the title says I'm having a bit of a issue with my current work out with the way it is set up and I'm posting this thread to try and get some feed back and opinions....

currently I'm working out 1 muscle group per day ....here is how my week looks....

mon- chest
    tuesday- back (includes traps)
    wensday- legs and 4arms
    thursday- shoulders
    fri- arms (bis and tris)

wensday and fri have 2 muscles groups because I needed to fit them into my split somewhere (my weekends are my rest days)
    but I only do 2 excersises for 4arms and 3 for bis and 3 for tris

now all my work outs are compound movements except for my arm day and a few shoulder excersise, but my problem is that I am soo used to doing 2 muscles groups per day every day that I feel like I am not getting the same quality work out like I used to ....in other words I don't feel like I'm getting my ass kicked in the gym like I used (which to me is a great feeling, not like a sore overtraining feeling)........here is my previous workout...

mon- chest, bis
    tuesday- shoulders, 4arms
    wensday- back, tris
    thursdays- legs
    fri- dips, pullups, push ups, and only 2 excersises for bis and 2 for tris.....lol needed that pumped look for fri night lol.....

what do u guys think should I stick to what I got now or go back to my old work out???

I'm not posting reps and excerses because the thing in question here is muscles per day not excersises and reps........

all opinions are welcomed....

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    God dam bro that looks harsh I had to separate my quads from everything else =P My Workout looks like:

Split
    Sun: Chest/Calves/abs/intense interval cardio 22min
    Monday: Back/Hams/med cardio 30min
    Tuesday: Abs/light cardio 45min
    Wed: Squats
    Thursday: Shoulders/Traps/calves/med cardio 30min
    Friday: Arms/Abs/Intense interval cardio 22min

its not bad at all because I only do squats and lunges with calves one week and the following week I do leg extensions , leg curls, and calves........and I alternate every week......I'm concentrating on upper body but I do legs to keep from look like I'm walking on twigs.....once I bring the top up then ill work on the bottom more

by the way I do cardio from 20- 30min mon,tues,thur,fri,sun......and I add in abs every other day.....

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedevo8
    its not bad at all because I only do squats and lunges with calves one week and the following week I do leg extensions , leg curls, and calves........and I alternate every week......I'm concentrating on upper body but I do legs to keep from look like I'm walking on twigs.....once I bring the top up then ill work on the bottom more
    sounds like u might be lacking intensity..

PLAN A) u could bump intensity up, by taking caffeine or whatever,,,

or
    maybe PLAN B would be easier)
    switch up your routine..
    at least deliver some shock to your muscles by doing something different...

intensity is up and a pre work out stim is in use....(no shotgun)

maybe have to change routine then.......I'm going to switch back to 2 mucle groups a day for a ew wks and see how that goes......

Thread Information