Jenseno9 is offline Member

getting cut up??

Ok I just have a couple questions about training. I going to be reducing my carbs to about 150 g a day. And I am just wondering if the intensity of my workout will be a negative thing. Should I be doing light cardio? ie. brisk walk, biking? I was think about doing moderate cardio for 40-45 mins 4 times a week and lifting weights. Would be be to much to just lift upper body on mon, wed, and lower tues, thrs? Or would a normal 5 day split be better?

I would really like to get cut up for summer. Right now I'm about 13%bf and would like to get down to 8-9% without losing much if any muscle. Im going to hold off on aas until later this summer, so Im not going to be taking anything. Thanks for all the help.
    Jens

stats
    turn 20 in july
    182lbs
    5'11
    Been training seriously for 2 1/2 yrs.

bump

platinum is offline Associate Member
    Everyone is different, so it's tough to give a specific answer. For example, when I cut, I have to do a lot of cardio. My buddy, on the other hand, doesn't have to do any. He simply reduces calories.

When I cut I do moderate level cardio 5 times/week working up to an hour each time and I reduce calories. I keep my normal 4 day split and lift heavy. I've just found that works best for me.

My advice to you is to start out slow. Reduce calories a bit, maybe do a tiny bit of cardio and see how your body reacts. If you like the results, keep going that direction. If you don't like the results, change things. The one thing you can definitely plan on doing though is keeping your diet CLEAN.

Platinum

yellows2k is offline Member
    If you can go on a strict diet without cheating I don't believe any cardio will be needed. You just have to experiment and see what works for YOU. The intensity of your weight training SHOULD NEVER go down IMO. It's very possible to increase in STRENGTH, NOT MUSCLE MASS while cutting. But you gotta know how many calories you need. I'm glad you aren't going down to like 50g of carbs cuz all that does is slow down your metabolism, help increase fat gain if you don't cycle the carbs, and that carb number is very low but not low enough for ketosis.

Just find how many calories you need for cutting, find a macro set, eat at least 6 times a day and train hard and get rest and you'll get to where you want.

Quick question how can I figure out how many calories to eat a day? Is there a formula or just a guess and check thing?

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html

I use a 50%Protein/25-30%carbs/25-30%fat for macros diet.

to figure out how many grams u need:

For protein and carbs, you take the calories needed multiplied by the percentage in decimal form.

So lets say you needed 1000 calories and you used my macros. So 1000*.5=500.

Then you take the product and divided by 4 so 500/4=125grams.

For fat its the same except u divide by 9 instead of 4. Hope this helps.

Thread Information