Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Guys with bad kness

How hard do you push yourself on leg day

I dont have much cartiladge in either of my knees and I am curious if other have similar issues and what they do to get by

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    That is the million dollar question, I have had 3 surgeries on the R and 2 on the L. I think its a matter of being logical, realistic and smart....all very hard when you can do something your not supposed to do!. Right now I'm presssing 800lbs(using knee wraps) on the leg press for 15x pretty easy.....I used to get 1350lbs for like 6...JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD!....Now my muscles can do more than my bodes natural synergistic movements......like my tendons and ligaments, cartilage, (age) will be strained if I push to hard....
    I think we should stay at lower weight and go slower with more intensity of course with more reps..................But not to many reps!! we don't want to speed up any more wear and tear on our joints!! right...so we are not in pain and crippled post cycle down the road.
    Personaly I'm about feeling good and looking better and being better with my personal health. So its a tough battle to find the magic combination for our bodies at at relative ages to find the lbs+reps ratio to get the best results with as little wear and tear as possible.

Rwy
    I use a brace on my left knee and thinking about using one for my right. My legs are def out of proportion with my body because I cant go heavy.

I am thinking about dropping squats for a bit and just sticking with a hammer stregnth and leg press. I can no longer do lunges it kills my knees now

thanks for the advice

DocRock is offline Junior Member
    I have that issue. I picked up a little shrapnel in both my knees in Iraq in '04, and now I'm not as limber as I once was. Knee wraps help a lot. Make sure you get some that have hinged support and don't develop arthritis. Take lots of calcium.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    no matter how hard you push, if you have bad knees and are doing leg exercises, eventually you will pay the price.

I've recently had knee surgery, and I'm doing a rethink by lowering the weight, putting my feet all the way at the bottom of the leg press machine, and go all the way down to where my butt is almost touching the backs of my heels. and doing higher reps of this. hoping this will preserve the knees a little better than by pushing all the heavy weight.

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have had the Cartilages Removed from my knees years ago and have had no problems with this and I have did Parachuting, the only time i got a problem was when I used supports when I was sqauting so now I squat without supports ,the supports were that tight that I couldnt bend my legs yes I know thats how there supposed to be but it must have pushed the fluid behind my knee and they were fvcked up for days after that so I dont use them , I dont have any issuse when I sqaut in saying this I dont break parrallel and Iam fine and have no weight issuse

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    no matter how hard you push, if you have bad knees and are doing leg exercises, eventually you will pay the price.

I've recently had knee surgery, and I'm doing a rethink by lowering the weight, putting my feet all the way at the bottom of the leg press machine, and go all the way down to where my butt is almost touching the backs of my heels. and doing higher reps of this. hoping this will preserve the knees a little better than by pushing all the heavy weight.
    I know I am going to need a double knee replacement one day and its all because I was not stretching properly

Thread Information