PHATCAT is offline Associate Member

Wheres the BIG guns at ???

That last post recently posted on whats the size of your BIs? Well I was wondering if you guys the Big Guns could share how to get those 18-19" BIs I just cant get that ball look to my bi's Im at 16.5" but not that nice POPpie look! How do I make them grow super set/ go hevy/ hammers/ reverse curls whats the trick????????

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Do more rows deads pullups and maybe one set of hammer curls .If you want bigger go less work but make it harder.If you work the arms with back it will help you to not overtrain them .Also rows deads and pullups are all arm related so you are working them at the same time so you dont need to do a piss load of arm work.Just look at the worlds strongest men they do arm work but its very little yet have huge arms .Most of those guys work arms with back and only do as set or two .this is good becouse it keeps overtraining the arms to a minium and keeps them growing.Peace

thanks so you think over training is a major issue for bi growth and size. I allways watch the big GUN guys at the gym and they do a alot of exersices and super set.......... I usally go heavy 6-8 for 4 sets, 4 exercises but its not given me that ball look. I can say Ive grown A inch in the past yr but no ball!!!!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    The most important thing that I feel most people overlook is train tri's just as hard as your bi's. I train arms pretty hard and they respond well. If you need any help with a routine give me a shout I got a great one I'm using now.

YES Ill Pm you or just put it here Im sure it will help many theres not to many here with guns over 17!!!

Bump

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    same for me...
    i put 115lbs on seated preach curl but i have never seen this ball look in my bis... and i hit them hard... almost 16" but i saw teens at my gym that got 17+ gunz at 17years old and they cannot lift more than 90lbs on the curl bench
    and, no they dont even take AS...
    i gain almost 1.5" this year but they lagged for 2 or 3 month and im on cycle
    im well proportionned at 190lbs lean but my tiny bi's wont grow and it pissing me off...

i was thinking of overtrained it for 2 month to see any gain.
    3 bis session a week with 4 ex par session with high reps.

what do you think of that?

ive thought the same thing 3x per wk! just to Kick there Stuburn ass!!!!!!!!!!It seems to me the Big Gun guys at the gym do alot of Supper sets back to back sets with little rest!

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    but i read over and over that this type of training can makes your muscles strenght and gains regress... there is a difference between breaking the muscle fascia and just pump it. so for the high reps with moderate weight im not a beliver

I go heavy on all lifts Max out 4-10 reps depends on the Muscle! Usally 4 sets 4 exercises!
    Last edited by PHATCAT; 04-08-2003 at 06:50 PM.

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    I depends on how your body reacts to different exercises. You may need more reps, less reps, it varies. It depends on your muscle fiber makeup.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by SwoleDiesel662
    I depends on how your body reacts to different exercises. You may need more reps, less reps, it varies. It depends on your muscle fiber makeup.
    I have to agree with Swole on this one.

gymchic is offline Female Member
    The "ball look" I think you are referring to is your bicep peak. Although some may argue, your peak is pretty much genetic either you have it or you don't. There are certain exercises you can do to isolate that area and bring your peak to it's full genetic potential but some of us, myself included, will never have the "ball look" like some of the pros or some of the members of this board that were just blessed with it genetically (bigkev comes to mind but I'm sure there are many others).

Just my .02

luv,
    GymChic
    Moderator: Bodybuilding.com
    Moderator: Steroidology
    Moderator: Superior Muscle

I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer

Universal Kits

ireloaded9 is offline Junior Member
    i agree with SwoleDiesel662 and gymchic. the bicep peak or 'ball' is genetic and eveybody will react differently from training. to have freaky guns, you have to crush triceps..it's 2/3 or your arm!!
    Last edited by ireloaded9; 04-09-2003 at 08:23 AM.

I was thinking BF probably plays a big role, just like the abs they wont show through the fat role! LOL But Getting that peak Geuss ITS more of experimentating with how you body reacts to different intencities super sets and maxouts- high rep, low rep!

Innervision is offline Associate Member
    I think concentration DB curls are great for bringing out the peak of the bicep besides adding mass. Id say con/hammer are my favorite 2 for just bulking up that peak.

RON
    Originally posted by Innervision
    I think concentration DB curls are great for bringing out the peak of the bicep besides adding mass. Id say con/hammer are my favorite 2 for just bulking up that peak.
    concentration DB curls for sure are my Fav for peaks and seated incline DB those two have helped me alot.

RON
    Ok I got a couple of PMs asking my routine after I offered it to PHATCAT so here it is:

Ok first off I train bi's and tri's together. I do it like a super set only with rest in between. With every push there is a pull.

I do 4 reps of 8-10. experiencing failure on every rep. 1 min rest between reps increasing weight as needed.

First I warm by throwing some plates on a curl bar and doing 2-3 reps of 12 - 15 depending on how I feel.

1 Standing curls trying to used good form but HEAVY - rest 1 min - cable push downs - rest 1 min then repeat

2. concentration curl - rest 1 min - weighted dips- rest 1 min then repeat

3. incline dumbbell curl - rest 1 min - dumbbell kick backs - rest 1 min then repeat

4. 21's - rest 1 min - scull crushers- rest 1 min then repeat

Remember go heavy and hard but with good form if you wanna get results

I put this routine in last year and its been really good for me.

SEE I wasnt the ONLY one!!!!! LOL !!! Glad to see it could help others.
    AND RON Thanks for takin the time to reply! WE Appretiate it!!!!!
    Thats somthin we would expect from a General Forum Moderator and we can see you fit the role!

Thread Information